Reading Corner Concept

Hi, I was between projects so I did one for fun. :slight_smile:

It’s a concept of a reading corner inspired by a photograph.

I used fSpy to capture camera settings and scene dimensions to model the room and shelf. Props are from iMeshh. I had a lot of fun with different methods to create gobos and to find the mood I was looking for.

I did the first steps of colour grading in Blender compositor to see how comfortable I’d be with it and then I completed the look in Blackmagic Design Fusion.

19 Likes

Very nice! Looking really good.
What blender version did you use? Have you tried it in 4.0 with the better energy conservation in Cycles, might give some more balanced depth to this great image.

Also, what textures and assets did you use? where are they from? looks great.

Well, I did the scene using Blender 4 alpha, so there goes my more balanced depth. :sweat_smile:

As for the assets, they are from iMeshh

I can see things to improve too in the image, yes, but I’m content, it fulfilled its purpose to me. Yaay!

The original photo I got for inspiration had a casual look, a lack of perfection if you will, whilst keeping a nice composition, making it a little playful, less formal, careless in a good way. So I found it suitable to make my version of it since I just wanted to play a bit with Blender to test some workflows and new tools (apparently unsuccessfully, but that’d fine too :slight_smile: ). I allocated a limited time to work on the scene to see where it could go and here is the “final” result, the last of many variations. That’s the one we call final, do we? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comment and criticism, @C_G !
Hopefully I’ll get the time to play a bit more and do some new scenes and you could give some more input. Thanks again. :+1:

1 Like

And once again, its easier to focus on a “negative” things than the positive, so I say once more, I really like this image, its great, with balanced depth I meant maybe some less exposure or something I really can’t explain, but me even commenting is meaning that I think its rly nice, and I wouldn’t be able to make this myself, so take that to positivism to yourself instead of the balanced depth thing :wink:

Good luck !

1 Like

Oh yes, I definitely took it this way, no worries. And I do appreciate criticism!
Thanks again. :slight_smile:

I did quite a lot of variations, and I just posted this one. Some were more subtle and some way more extreme too.

1 Like

I added a variation to the original post and the clay render I should have shown, I don’t know why I uploaded the other one. Probably tired. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hey! Thank you, @bartv!
:partying_face:

1 Like