Real debate on society and morals

I would like to see you off it.

Look at what you just said, “… I believe in…” and “… the rest of the US should as well”.

You are merely setting up a situation in which you can justify your own actions.

It’s not, but it was founded with certain standards. You could think of them much like ethics in business, just a set of common standards.

Again, you merely want a situation to allow you to justify yourself.

I spend a lot of my time working with people with depression and bipolar. I run the local support group here in town. Why? Because I’m thinking of more than myself. I see the potential in others and not only want to, but need to help.

Again your statement supports only selfishness and support to your own cause with no thought to the whole.

You just simply repeated what I said. But you didn’t say that the first time. What you said the first time was just messed up beyond understanding.

So? That is why there is individual cultures and countries. You are simply stating situations and not showing their relevance.

Your arguments thus far has closely resembled that of a teenager trying to convince his parents why he/she should be allowed to stay out as long as they want. Try debating from the third-person point of view instead of the first.

Just as you do with politics and the concept of freedom.

I am not that stupid.

Life is like a box of choclate, you never know what you going get.

Acastro, I’ll be frank with you, I don’t see this topic contributing to anyone, I nearly believe you are trying to justicfy your opinion as well as my own, so I just refrain from this topic.

And for the record, I do alot of good deeds.

Coming from someone who knows nothing about the physiology of the condition involved nor of the actions of the medications. You don’t even believe doctors, so of course you don’t believe me. To you, you will always be right.

You do not like what I say merely because you are afraid of it. If you think it’s just my ego, then go talk to a psychiatrist and you will think he also has an ego. Now if I said school is stupid and doctors are dumb, you would most likely agree with me. So in other words, the only way I would not appear ‘egotistical’ to you is if I dropped out of school and chose to deny the truth.

Al_Capone and Blengine:

Why does it seem once a topic reaches a certain point of maturity where your opinions no longer hold up, you hi-jack them with dumb replies?

If you are so right, and Al_Capone, you seem to devote so much time and effort to the topic, howcome when things start looking stale you can not re-state your argument or even pose a different example. It seems you just throw up one example, then if nobody subscribes, it is useless so you lable it futile. That is not mature nor responsible debating. It only goes to weaken your case in the future.

Guess that just goes to show the maturity involved.

[quote=“blengine”]

… and you yourself are now dependent on pills to maintain your own personal prision when you ironically think your ridding yourself of it…

Even if you are right and acasto is “imprisoned”, his situation is not worst from what it was before he started taking the meds…

You see he was never free… He was imprisoned even before… Behind a wall of “illusions”…

At least now he managed to get a better “cell” and the hope that one day he will be free…

From many aspects, we all are not free and we will never be…

From the time we are borned till the day that we die, the “decisions” are not ours…

We weren’t “asked” if we wanted to be brought to this world… And “Charos”, will not give you a call, to ask you first, if you are “available” today…

All it matters is, if we have the chance to choose our prison… If you had to choose between Alkatraz and being self-confined in your own house, which one would you choose???

Those are insult Acasto, at least I refrain from calling people stupid or inmature.

Those are insult Acasto, at least I refrain from calling people stupid or inmature.[/quote]

Al_Capone:

I refered to your posts as being stupid and their act immature, which the are. Again, why not re-assert your case in a more supportive fashion? Why not fight better for your beliefs? You believe so strongly, yet are first to give up.

Although I do not agree with much of what you say, you must learn to fight better for what you believe in. You even admitted in an earlier topic, that what you are doing is whining. If you are really serious in what you believe, to gain any respect, you must take it more seroiusly.

I am not trying to attack you, so don’t take it personally. But anyone can start an endless number of threads about thier thoughts, just look at Cubefan. But few can continue a debate with constant analysis and presentation. You will hardly ever turn someone from their ideals, especially on something as simple as an internet forum. But by debating and having your own thoughts and ideas challenged, you may learn something more about your idea.

The goal is to better develop a vision, not a passion. Use the passion to drive the vision in which you make your case.

Listen, if you want truth, then look at the history books, it’s clear that morality cause terrorisem, just because I prefer to have less, doesn’t make it worst.

Just look at yourself, you hide from everything, even life. However people like you are very creative and good at things. You continually take on ventures and hobbies, only to get real good and drop them. Perhaps fear that trying to achieve mastery will result in failure. The internet is very theraputic thought for this state. One can seemingly be in control and powerful, the world only sees the face of their creativity, which is great. But at the same time can still remain hidden from the real world.

The night is so grand, is it not? Such a great place to hide from the sun.

I had a guy with an attitude just like yours at group one night. He seemed very in control, off his meds and supposedly doing well. That night though he came out to a club with us where he proceeded to start a fight for no reason. So you know what happened? I banned him from the group and his girlfriend threw him in the psychiatric-ward for a week. Even after all that, and all the people seeing the obvious problem, he still insisted he had no problem.

Just look at your sig. You most likely prefer your cyber-self to your real-self. Oh yeah, and the skateboarding. Because we can not sleep all the time or be online every minute, there must be something to prove the real world is not so bad. It often becomes obsessive, because it is what makes the real world worth being in. A continual search for a reason for living.

You both got some good points but i do agree with Blengine that if you want to make a thread to debate than you should consider other peoples thoughts the way you expect them to do when they read your posts.

Complete BS if you ask me.

That is not a case. The first part is a touch of your idea, but then you shy away to defend yourself. Why? If morality causes terrorism, why not back it up instead of defending yourself.

Less implies a gradient compared to a standard. Being defensive implies that one feels cornered.

It just makes me wonder who you are measuring yourself against. Perhaps your parents? Or someone else with a lot of influence or control, but whom has different views? I bet the internet is your escape as well, your looking to vent not debate.

In that case, there is not much more to be said. Only that the internet is indeed an excellent place to conceal ones situation and identity.

Hehehe…

Don’t ya just love it when your ears feel warm and you get that tingling electric feeling in your head as your race to defend yourself so passionately over a perceived threat that exsists only on your screen. 8)

Associating yourself with a term you know people look at as a negative thing, then associating that with good things. Are you talking to him, or yourself?

That is not a case. The first part is a touch of your idea, but then you shy away to defend yourself. Why? If morality causes terrorism, why not back it up instead of defending yourself.

Less implies a gradient compared to a standard. Being defensive implies that one feels cornered.

It just makes me wonder who you are measuring yourself against. Perhaps your parents? Or someone else with a lot of influence or control, but whom has different views? I bet the internet is your escape as well, your looking to vent not debate.

In that case, there is not much more to be said. Only that the internet is indeed an excellent place to conceal ones situation and identity.[/quote]

Religion create morals, morals create thought, thought create feelings and feelings create fear. And all this fear is created out of ignorant to imagine the worst that can happen. And meny times it has something or another to do with there children, rather it witches, gypies or anyone else that is thought to be a threat. You should know by know who I’m measuring myself, it’s society, that’s who.

And no, the internet isn’t the best place to conceal one identity, all you need is a IP and a few net commands.

Morals are a part of religions (though they don’t have to be). Thought in this sense is basically philosophy. Fear is a feeling, not a creation of feelings.

Fear can be created out of many things. It is inherent to our mentality. Soemtimes it protects us, sometimes it harms us.

Or spiders, snakes, darkness, strangers, scary movies, etc… etc… etc…

Look at it like programming. Fear is merely a function in the class of emotions. That function can be called by many things.

Real society or percieved society? But then again, all we can conceptualize is what we can perceive. There is much out there that is real but not percieved by the average person. So if you see yourself as having less, then that would mean you percieve society as on average having more. Isn’t that more or less a self-esteem or conciousness issue? Unless of course there is raw data measuring the morals of society.

And a subpoena to the ISP to get the persons information. Which to most people, that is concealed enough.

On second thought, keep taking those drugs.

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re wrong…

But has it occured to you, that you may as well be wrong right now and that you’re missjudging acasto???

What if he’s just puting himself into all this trouble, not to prevent his opinions from being proven wrong, but because of other reasons???

Let’s say, because he simply cares about what will happen to that “stupid” dropout ( :stuck_out_tongue: j/k) that calls himself: “blengine”…

I’m not sure, but then again you never know… Everything’s possible…