Real time tracking?

You guys have seen this ?

Apparently it seems there is already tech in the industry that can make tracking in real time… And in the video above they use also UE4 to have real time render.

They seem to be using a dedicated software called Halide: (?)

https://halidefx.com/?fbclid=IwAR08a0Fiqx2T1H-CUnuWcIiQ--T6hwHil9GR5i_XJlMVvHgZIty0E0X9cIU

And perhaps some assistant with certain type of camera, not sure, but they promote more about their soft traking instantly.

So Blender already has a quite good traditional tracking system and real time EEVEE…

I left the question open in the ‘‘Propositions Group’’ to know how possible would be to expand that at this level…
But I leave the topic also here, since I believe most of the community comes here, and I’m truly curious about the community’s opinion on this matter.

I have seen THIS! :slight_smile: :

In any case, hasn’t “virtual set” technology been there for YEARS? I mean, haven’t you ever seen on the news, a presenter walking about inside a “world” of some kind, while talking about politics or whatever??

I agree that this demo is very impressive :slight_smile:

but …

That said, let’s keep in mind that here they are doing well because everything is the “simple” usecase : Nothing moves in the 3D scene. It means all the textures might (must ^^) have been baked before. Then it’s only about projecting textures and eventually compute glossyness, so, our old friend Blender Game Engine, like any Real Time Open GL Rendered, could handle this easyly.

The green screen masking have been done realtime for years …

Then, only remaining trick is the “Realtime Tracking” thing. Well, there are plenty of ways to do it. Blender Tracking is slow because, it’s based on only Camera Input. But in Cinema they can also use tracking based on other specific 3D trackers on the camera… Just like for example the HTC Vive Trackers, used for their VR products (Pretty much an Infrared based LPS, I mean Local Positioning System, a GPS at the scale of a room) which runs on any gamer computer.

So to be clear, I’m not saying that it’s bad, or fake, or bullshit. It is some well done work :+1: . But not incredible at all ^^ :stuck_out_tongue:

See you :slight_smile: ++
Tricotou