Realistic Atmosphere In Cycles

Im not sure where i got it from but if i see it again ill send it!

1 Like

This shader (slightly modified) was used here!

Real volumetric clouds vs SSS clouds. Who is the winner? (I think i made up my mind ;))

Volumetrics:

SSS

Any setup info for this?

Will come soon! I’m preparing a tutorial!

1 Like

!BIG NEWS!

I finally got around to finishing the new release of the Atmosphere shader, this time with a proper implementation of the barometric formula, much more precise ozone absorption that works at very large scales and a completely new volumetric cloud implementation. The Atmosphere shader is now completely modular and should allow for much better adaptation for more specialized use cases.

Download it here on Gumroad! The first 50 users can get it for free with the Discount Code AtmoOff!

As a bonus, I also included an approximate version of the Atmosphere shader, which improves rendering speeds by up to 30% and delivers roughly 90% of the visual quality. See the difference bellow (Top Barometric, Bottom Approximate)

6 Likes

I am having probelms with the cloud layer (disregard the stretching), light goes past the terminator: and I don’t know what to do, I have tried different verisons of blender, etc. I don’t know what else to do .

I hope you can help me with that :slight_smile: Thanks again

If you don’t use the atmosphere this is expected behaviour their needs to be light scattering for this effect to go away or at least be less defined