(realtime) Boom - BlenderDoom :)

Yes, please, could this go to the gallery?

of course, and thank you!

i have a question about spec maps, they control how shiny the object is and where right? i think… and how do you go about making them?

RagingChaos66, I think the way he does it is by useing an external paint program, just extracting one of the colors of the image channels (red, green, blue). It’s either that or he has some node setup.

Endi, how is the Rim light set up in the materials? Is it mapped to Nor? Is it Add?

Wow! You could be producing commercial games at 50.00 USD per copy with that quality.

Hello endi, i am wondering if you could elaborate or describe a little bit more of what the -detail- maps are doing, or maybe even what they look like if you want.
Would be awesome if you made something like ‘the making of’ or maybe a little breakdown like with yout little warrior.

btw: Tényleg nagyon fasza munka, én is akarnék ilyeneket tudni csinalni :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree. A breakdown would be awesome.

Oh I forgot to say in my last post,

Awesome work bro :smiley:

-Jimmy

This was already on my list of ShortGame projects. :smiley:

Are you planning on developing an extended version with more geometry and variation?
Optional: It would be nice if you would set up a first-person camera with basic controls. (never mind this if you already have this)
Are you going to release the .blend?

- AniCator

Yes, rimlight is mapped with nor and add. But it can be make with gradients too.
The detail maps are scaled x10 up at the mapping panel.

Maybe this will be a commercial project so I dont share the blends. :slight_smile:

Absolutely brilliant work endi(as always).

Very inspirational, thanks for posting!

wonderfull !!! , now i don’t know what would you say if someone asked for a blend ? lol …

thanks for the tutorials as well …

how about some wire frame?

This is truely awesome work and i cant wait to get my hands on the completed product. I cant wait to show some of the people in my game design classes that im taking. They love to rag on me for using blender but if blender can pull off UT3, Doom, and Crysis quality stuff they wont be laughing much longer.

If you’re planning to go commercial with this I suggest you rename it.

Do you have any plans to port it to another engine?
JF

Hmmmz, I feel another book comming: Introducing game engine with blender.

Also it seems the glue for my lower jaw isn’t working anymore, I had to resort to industrial grade to keep it there.

All the BGE needs now would be a network engine to make “all of it official”.

Commercial project? Can I have/buy a license? Need some help setting up a company? oh wait… you’re not in the Netherlands, are you? :slight_smile:

Yes we will use this graphics with an external game engine (one of my friend developing it).

I will make a walk around movie if somebody help. How can I save the sequences in game engine? If I use a capture program the fps will very low…

Fantastic realtime renders Endi.

Cheers,
Satish

New mini-tutor image:
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/boom_minitutor_2.jpg

this is very fantastic