Realtime character studies with blender

my rea-ltime studies with blender - anime / manga fairy tail based character studies
sculptures made with blender 2.78, textures with gimp and rendering with blender 2.80(EEvEE.
More images here: https: //www.artstation.com/alexvangorn

46 Likes

This should be featured :+1:

3 Likes

wow. beautiful character. and low face amount. niiice :+1:

Did you scan her, …right? :smile:

You did an incredible job with the sculpting and the materials, the face looks like a photograph.

1 Like

Great models with a really nice mesh!
I enjoyed those viewport screenshots.
Congrats on the end results!

1 Like

thanks and no. I did not scan, everything was sculpt from scratch

2 Likes

:grin:

It was a compliment, on how good the sculpt was that it looked scanned.

2 Likes

wow… this is insane work. How did you sculpt this in 2.78? Did you use dyntopo, multires modifier…??

Amazing!!

That matcap really looks like Zbush. How did you achieve it? It even has a drop shadow of an object onto the others like ZBrush. Didn’t know one could achive this in Blender.

1 Like

Respect :clap::clap::clap:

Looking forward for more of your artworks…

Would be great if you’ll make some breakdown of your workflow!

1 Like

thank you, for the body was the dyntopo and for the clothes was the multires modifier.

1 Like

still no drop shadow on matcap in blender explained, it looks kinda like zbrush :slight_smile: how did you achieve that?

BTW this is really AWESOME work, this just really pushes me up and motivates to still learn Blender. I am very familiar with 3D, but I have been blasted with Blender 2.80’s features and I test every alpha of 2.81

Beautiful artwork, definitely it should be featured!

3 Likes

the matcap are from blender 2.80 that I used on 2.78, but on 2.78 I didn’t leave the shadeless option enabled. The shadows are realtime. are from GLSL mode.

2 Likes

thanks. matcap are from blender 2.80 that I used on 2.78, but on 2.78 I didn’t leave the shadeless option enabled. The shadows are realtime. are from GLSL mode.