[Rebooted Project] Monkey's cyborg ninja

@thanks man, nice to know I have moved on from man dude
@3d thanks
@ampace, wow I learnt something today, I had to google that up too:o
@jeepster thanks for the tip but that wasn’t the problem, face palm moment, continuous grab the the culprit turned that sucky off and I was back in business

I thank I have reached the limit of what I can do with sculpting and have to really move on now the 29 of march is looking closer and closer. I have finally really bit the bullet and have moved into 2.5x it kicked my butt but I have tamed it or I hope so.

now to move onto the mechanical modeling to create her Armour and her sai every ninja needs sai’s

Attachments

Feel like sharing the matcap you’re using? :smiley:

just check in the thread on setting up matcaps in the blender tests area that’s where I got it, it’s the red wax one

started work on the colour map this is the textures projected, next step is to clean them up and complete them

Attachments

Plenty of work to do on this but I feel I should be able to finish I have picked up my work rate a bit and I have a lot of free days ahead with no work so I should be able to put in more some time on this.

These two shots are extremely wip I just wanted to see how my the blending of my textures was going there is still plenty of work left on them. The eye textures are just there for me to know where my iris and pupil will be and will hopefully change in a few days time. I apologise of the bad shadows I have not put in any work on my spot lamps. But I am liking where my skin is going its by no means final but so far so good.

I would love to hear any criticisms and comments you have

cheers

Attachments

Good, to see your taking part still!Nearly thought you were giving up.

far from giving up I am in till the bitter end

You should hurry and lose the attitude asswipe.:stuck_out_tongue:

:RocknRoll:take a number, get in line and kiss my ass, I will see you at the finish line kid and no worries I won’t raise a fuss about you starting early on your emo dude

I won’t be able to finish this project In time for the Blending Life contest there is just too much to do and perharps I planned poorly for this and didn’t use my time well. But in a strange move I am not abandoning this and plan to finish this and perharps do a little more than I initally planned for.

Because this is no longer a Blending life contest I plan on making it a full body project. changes I want to make is

1. remake the face topology around my eyes, cheek and chin area.
  2. Remove the photo based skin texture and go for a fully painted one
  3. Complete the whole body

Here is where I got with the head before I called it quits, I was still styling the hair and playing with my buffer shadows as the shadows were giving me headaches. The eyes were still undone.

I have also included a sketch of the armour I was working on but never actually showed here. My plan for this reboot is still finish this armour to include her feet and rework it

Attachments

continue !!

<3 that head model and the sketches.
Cant wait to see more :smiley:

You guys keep commenting on this thread even though I haven’t updated it in a long time. Perharps I should explain my position at this moment in time.

you might be waiting a long time for me to finish this; the last time I worked on this was in March. Its not abandoned or forgotten not by a long shot it just that I have too many things am working on at the moment. I am also waiting on my anatomy book, Stephen Roger’ s Atlas of human anatomy for the Artists to arrive so that I can do this right. I ordered the book some weeks ago and it only shipped on the 26 of August so in three weeks time I should have it by that time I should have finished with cgtalks 30 models in 30 days challenge and be able to do this right. I also have a car to finish so this could take some time.