Recommendations for 3D games for course

I’m teaching a class on concept development & pre-production. Its historically dealt with linear work, but I want to begin to introduce non linear issues.

Along those lines, can anyone recommend good PC-CD based games to review & critique in class? I’m looking for something that involves a plot or narrative, preferably not too violent.

i don’t think any games of the sort you need are on PC (least of all less violent ones), i would say Mario 64/Sunshine, but obviously not pc . . . so i’d suggest tomb raider or Final Fantasy VII, but the problem is these are much more linear than most people seem to realise (they are on PC and PSX btw)

personally i know of people that cant stand the FFVII plot. they are not my friends as i cant respect that opinion. it is genius, but playing to get to the interesting bits can take 20+ hours of faultless play as its so big.

my only other suggestion is Metal Gear Solid, again PSX and PC (i think . . . ) but again i have yet to see a truly non linear plot driven game on any format.

hope something might help

Kip,

Thanks!! Those might actually work very well since the class has always dealt with linear content …maybe FF might be way to kind of “ease-in”…

try morrowind