Here is a project I’ve been working on for the last few days. It’s my first real foray into a more complete use of blender and more complex meshes. It is also the first time I’ve used the node system on my own. All told, I probably sunk about 14 hours into it, 12 modelling and 2 texturing and compositing. I’m fairly happy with the results! There are multiple angles included on this post.
Please give me any tips and suggest improvements that you may see! I’ve also included the original .blend file, so if you have time to take a look at that I would be majorly appreciative. For those who do look, a few things to note: I used a fair amount of booleans, n-gons, and tris. I recognize that in many circles this is not good, specifically for those looking to rig and animate. However, given this is geometric modelling and that this will likely never leave Blender, I felt it was ok here. However, if you have a method or tutorial to achieve the same results without booleans and n-gons, I would love to hear it! Other than that, tell me how I did and what I can do to improve my modelling skills!
Thank you so much!
Red Dot.blend (2.73 MB)