Red Hood

Hello, Community! ヽ(^◇^*)/
This time I’ve tried to make not only a character, but to tell a story with in the environment.

And I wanted to show you a bit of process ~,~

Step 1
Base scene set up, just to see the composition.

Step 2
Prepare the lightning, that will help you understand what kind of details you’ll be needed ; ) I’ve moved the lamp to her left, so I can better control the light on the face. Be aware that Basic Blender material is more secular then materials you can end up with, like me) I had to go back and change the light power case of that.

Step 3
Adding secondary details, accents on the way of the composition lines. Keeps eyes entertained while traveling around the image T v T) Also I’ve added brunches on the first plan to add extra depth and create feeling like we are watching her from the bushes (like creepy wolfs, yeah).

Step 4
Overall critique about style. Does everything fit together? Is the are problems with the materials? (Yes, I am talking to you over specular hoodie!).

Step 5
Sweet post processing :smirk: Who doesn’t like it, right. Cause it’s really helps make art shine! Speaking of, my render was too dark, so I brighten it, a lot.

So that’s it. I look forward for your critique! Please, let me know that to improve =)
Thank you for watching! (*~▽~)

51 Likes

Awesome artwork. At first I just liked it, but then read everything more carefully and decided to share my opinion. So I would darken background a little to emphasise the feeling of a night forest. And another thing - bark of the trees looks a bit too smooth and shiny.
But in general - amazing and atmospheric.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
It is my real weakness, always make something too shiny :sweat_smile: and yeah, forest could be more dark, I’ll try that)

1 Like

Wow. I’m speechless, as always with your work. This is beautiful! I love all the subtle details like the wolf in the background :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you ;; v ;; it means a lot!

Great design!

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, I love that you’re style is so consistent throughout this piece. Really atmospheric and well composed. Love the detail on Riding Hood face too. If I had to give a criticism it would be that the trees look a bit too much like plasticine - but in all truth - I think it looks brilliant! Great work!

1 Like

Thank you! T v T)

1 Like

Thank you so much! :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart: It means a world to me =)
Agree, trees turned out way too stylized.

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

You’re Awesome!!! Great work and thanks for the step by step description!

1 Like

Wow)) that’s awesome! =)

1 Like

Thank you so much! T v T)
I’m so glad, hope you find it useful =)