Red | OC

A quick fun project.
Based on a frame of Natalie Dormer from the movie Casanova, with some star wars vibes.
Droid was downloaded from the internet - originally made by Asmd27 on sketchfab, modified and textured by me.
Rendered in CyclesX

83 Likes

It look amazing :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

thanks! I thought it’s gonna get more views haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You did great, don’t worry. This is more a forum than an art promotion platform, community interest are in various areas, not only in art.

3 Likes

Heh… nothing unusual. On Artstation I notice that many times “quality” of artwork don’t match views / likes.
Mediocre / generic works get big number of views… and very good stuff sometime are almost unnoticed.
Maybe you can consider “quality” of views / likes :wink:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Fantastic work!

1 Like

Not playing a game with views/likes, don’t know the rules, but at my opinion quality is not always recognized and rewarded, especially at Artstation. But, as someone who doing a lot of 3d and have a specific aesthetic, I have different criteria than many people. It’s great we have Bart here to balance things out :grin:

3 Likes

Hey thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Incredible work!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!
I know this forum and love it, although I am not very active besides posting my artworks here from time to time, I read here a lot :slight_smile:

yeah, I mean they say “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” for a reason right?
to each their own, I just see artists that “cracked” it and each project of theirs get’s a ton of attention/response. But yes Quality doesn’t equals likes by any means.

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!!!

1 Like

This is interesting stuff. In general cute puppys, anime girls draw more attention than perfect hard surface model of… high pressure oil pump :slight_smile:
But even if we look on model of same ‘genre’ there are big difference. Anyway, who care… I guess that majority of people make personal stuff because of passion, not because some trivial likes.

3 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Bart! So happy to be in the top row!!

1 Like

Great work, only critique i have is that her hair looks a bit thin.

1 Like

Lovely work! This is great!

1 Like

Awesome work! Through this I’ve took a look at your Instagram and your amazing work, great to see this stuff on Blender! I’d love to know more about your modeling process, do you talk about it somewhere?

You have my follow! :smiley: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thanks!
Agree, the hair wasn’t treated properly. should have spent more time tweaking it :slight_smile: