Reference a value/attribute from another Geometry nodes objects?

Hi guys

I have a camera rig that I have set up with geometry nodes - I’m wanting to set it’s input integer value to the same as a separate GN setup I have controlling my avatar (Pictured in viewport)

At the moment I’m just using input from my Avatar’s Geometry Nodes setup as a driver, so they both change at the same time, see below:

However I’m wondering if there’s a way I could do this which won’t rely on me having to manually set this up / copy the driver everytime (It’s important I keep these all as separate geometry nodes setup’s otherwise some of them won’t work correctly)

TL;DR= Is there a way you can output an attribute like an integer value from one geometry nodes setup - that I can then input into another geometry nodes object?

Hi!

You could try to Store Named Attribute on source object’s geometry (it’ll store attribute on every point). OR plug it straight into Output node, then define the attribute name in the Modifier. Same thing, I think.
Then read it with Sample Index from the other tree.

It’s probably a messy solution though, but I’m not sure if a more elegant exists at the moment.

5 Likes

Node 1

Node 2

Yeah you can do something like this, using attribute statistic to get a single integer (thanks for the hack @stray )

…but it ain’t pretty!

Hope that helps…

6 Likes