reference car image modeling in blender

Hi guys I just wanted to ask how you model a reference image specifically a car model what I don’t understand is how it is calculated and changed in to blender units in order to make the cars align perfectly and to be honest I don’t get how you model a plane image in to 3D object if you can,can you explain the work process of how you model a car just the complex part or the one you think is relevant.

I’m not sure what you’re asking but are you wanting to model a car directly from a reference image or the blueprints? It is better to model a car using blueprints and then use reference images to make sure you’re getting everything right.

how it is calculated and changed in to blender units in order to make the cars align perfectly

Under Scene Property there is Unit settings. Pick a unit. Add background image. Scale the image to fit the right scale. That is, if you pick metric, then one unit equals one meter. If a car is 4.2 meter long car background image need to be 4.2 blender units. Easy way to do this is to crate an envelop from a cube 4.2 meter long, and scale / position the background image behind it.

As for alignment, first work on scale of each view to fit the envelope rectangle. Then you need to pick an origin for the image. Any spot clearly locate on all view will do. Move the view around until the target spots all lines up.