Reflection

And this is the question I ask myself every day. is this true or just an illusion?
Done with Blender 3.1 and Rendered with Cycles.

Lighting Study with Blender 3.1 and Cycles:
https://blenderartists.org/t/the-white-pawn/1370620/20

see more on my instagram / artstation

98 Likes

nice :ooooooo

1 Like

Probably a composite - but you could do this with cycles material nodes by using lightpaths

In these scene there are two cubes side by side - a red one and a blue one - plus a mirrored reflective plane.

The red one is only visible directly to the camera and is invisible in the reflection - whereas the blue one is only visible in the reflection and is invisible to the camera (I have shown the node setup for the red cube. The only difference for the blue is that the “is camera ray” slot is used for the mix shader instead of “is reflection ray”).

If you used this method on the materials for the Pawn and the King - you could in theory do this render in a single pass.

5 Likes

Great work! it is interesting

1 Like

Thanks buddies.
@Artpixellz @Amir_Mohammad_Ha

Thanks for your information. I did not use the method you mentioned because this way I would lose the reflection of the pawn on the surface.

Instead, I put the pawn and the king in two separate view layers and combined them in a composite.

I also used cryptomatte to make a mask of the pawn and add it to the final composition.

This was the method I used.

12 Likes

This is really nice :+1:
Keep going

1 Like

Thank you my friend.

1 Like

good as always, my friend :smiley: :blender_logo_64_png:

1 Like

As always thank you buddy :))

1 Like

old time buddy :sweat_smile: :smiley: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yes very old time :grinning:

1 Like

Very well done! I love the theme, and the render is beautiful!

1 Like

thank you my friend.

1 Like

I’ve made this Instagram Reels to show how we can use Light Path node to make the Reflection invisible!

click on the link below to watch the reels:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcgNdRWFXTk/

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you dear Bart. have a great weekend too!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for your support dear Bart.

2 Likes

Love this piece <3

1 Like