#ReleaseCoyoteVsAcme (please 😇)

First, a screenshot:

Second, the video in question:

This is a video I made to help spread the word to try to convince WB not to shelve Coyote vs. Acme. This one was a lot of fun because I got to explore a lot of classic Looney Tunes tropes: like super-frightened eyes with rings around the pupils, limp snouts when a character is afraid or dazed, holding up signs, and explosions… so many explosions…

I had a lot of fun with the Explode Modifer :sweat_smile:

As usual, I’m releasing the Blender 2.79b file with a CC0 license, credit appreciated but not required: “Wile E Coyote.blend” (on archive.org)

(And a big thanks to the devs for such an awesomely awesome program, I❤️Blender!)

Comments — even highly critical ones — are most appreciated! :v: Peace and God bless!

6 Likes

Wow, this is impressive, how did you manage to do it in blender 2.79???

A bit of constructive feedback of mine would be to lower the bloom a bit :wink:
Overall excellent animation

1 Like

Thank you so much! :grin: I think Blender 2.79b shouldn’t be underestimated. I reckon the devs have been making a great piece of software all along (across the different versions). Most of the important fundamentals are more than possible on the previous releases… in fact, I only needed to use a more recent version (3.2.1) in order to take advantage of faster rendering =)

1 Like

wow… back when I used 2.79 on a 2015 Mac I couldn’t even get it to render anything haha
I was always stuck in viewport… I wonder why…
But I still did some cool modelling stuff (hard surface mostly), and fire simulations hehe

1 Like

Hi @Angilas

First off, I love it! Road Runner & Coyote are some of my favorite cartoons.

I think a couple of things could be adjusted. The legs move around in an almost uncanny way. Using IK on the legs and moving the hips/main body controller around would be better. As is, if looks like he’s standing on a slippery surface, feet moving around.

A couple of times, his nose really blocks out the rest of his face. Maybe a different camera angle or head rotation so we see the eyes more?

BTW, I also toy around in blender 2.76 sometimes…

Thanks for sharing!
Randy

1 Like