Remove verticies from dual vertex group membership

Huge problem I never want to encounter again. The workaround takes hours of re-doing complex process.

The problem is this:

I assign verticies to vertex groups so my model can be rigged in Daz Studio.

Some verticies get assigned to multiple vertex groups to spite my best efforts not to let this happen. This makes Daz Studio assign these dual vertex group verticies to the wrong one of the groups. And this naturally ruins the rigging. And the problem usually is not detectable until AFTER I have spent an hour or so rigging the model in Daz Studio.

It keeps happening. It must stop.

I need a way for Blender to notify me of any verticies that belong to multiple vertex groups so I can catch this serious problem before it ruins hours of work.

See if this tutorial is of any help to you in any way…though it is mostly Daz to Blender
What file type are you exporting to Daz?
You could try FACE GROUPS instead and see if Daz will accept them since it uses Polygroups?

I did a little more research and see that Daz doesn’t actually use the vertex groups as such…but Polygroups if I understood the post…( I hate the help group on Daz very rarely does it give any sort of solution )

Perhaps it might be better to assign them in Daz if you really wish to Rig things in there…

most everything I try to export to Daz or import into Daz seems to fail like clothing for instance…

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, that video does not address my problem.

The problem is that Blender cannot reliably partition the verticies of a model into multiple, mutually exclusive vertex groups. My work-around is to break my model up into separate models according to the intended moving parts. Then, assign a single vertex group to each model. It is a bit of extra work. But it’s the only reliable way I know to get mutual exclusivity of vertex group assignment.