Render Image Does Not Create New Image After Converting Image Sequence to AVI

After rendering an image sequence, I seem to not be able to render a single image frame. Initially, I set the output to be a folder on my desktop (instead of the default c:\tmp\ location) and then rendered a sequence. That went fine. I opened up my render and selected view animation and then exported an avi. Now , I went back to a specific frame that I wanted to render, frame 17 of 38, and hit F12. The render result window popped up and showed the last frame of the image sequence and stopped. It didn’t re-render. I’m assuming this has something to do with the image sequence that I converted but I cant get the rendered back to a good state. Can someone tell me how to get back to a usable render setting?

I have few questions:

• Does this also happen when you try to render single frame?
  • What would happened if you revert back to still image format (such as jpg/png) instead of AVI?
  • Is it only a problem in frame 17?
  • Also, does the .blend1 has the same problem?

Wul,
Does this also happen when you try to render single frame?
Yes, when I select render single frame it fails to render.
What would happened if you revert back to still image format (such as jpg/png) instead of AVI?
In the render output window, I never stopped using png. Only in the render view animation window did i set it to render an avi.
Is it only a problem in frame 17?
No all frames.
Also, does the .blend1 has the same problem?
I dont understand this question. Other blender files work fine, if thats what your asking.

I’ve noticed it says rendering sequence at the bottom of the screen even though I am set to source -> single image. I’ve even tried different slots but it just keeps going back to a black screen. Additionally, when I look at render results. It seems like its stuck trying to start a render. I’ve reloaded the file but I get the same result.

You can rename the .blend1 file into .blend and open that. If that doesn’t work then I probably can’t help you further. Maybe you can post the file so that other member can look what went wrong with the file.