Rendered Animation MP4 not working.

Hi. I created a short animation, rendered each frame as a PNG, uploaded each photo in the video editing sequence, and rendered the animation. No issues.

Only when I try to play the rendered out animation, I receive an error stating that the file type is not supported. (Win 11) MPEG-4, h264 Fast, lossless.

Also, when I export to iCloud to download to an iPhone, the file is not detected as a video at all, it just writes the file format and that’s it. But if you send this file to any video editor such as CapCut, for example, the video becomes covered with artifacts.

Help

Try mkv (Matroshka) instead of MP4

Newer worked, but problem solved by converting rendered anim in HandBrake program… I just don’t understand why Blender started to work like that… 3.4.2 ver btw.

There are a lot of blender output settings available to be tweeked. Then there’s having the right codecs installed on your machine (computer and/or phone). Above is the link for youtube’s preferred settings. See if there is a comparable page for apple / iphone videos?

Did the original video (mp4 that failed blender → icloud → iphone) play on your computer? In a console/terminal window with a command-line prompt issue

$ blender -a yourVideoName.mp4

(‘$’ is the prompt, don’t type that)
That command-line command should popup a new window and play your video through blender. It will auto-loop.