Rendering came out weird?

Alright. For some odd reason, my rendering is coming back a bit messed up. It looks normal from the rendering area, not in viewpoint but when you press F12 or ctrl + F12. Normal colors and all.

But then… this.

The final rendering comes out extremely darker than the norm. Or maybe it’s that the colors are altered somehow. I’ve tried messing around with the Color Management, but it always come back the same way for whatever reason. Messed with the lights, messed with the settings… Maybe some of you might know of this issues and why the colors are changing? I would really appreciate any help on this matter.

(And sorry if I posted in the wrong area)

Since I can’t really add a second image for whatever reason this is, here’s my settings.

Can you share your file? Or, at least, your render/export settings?

1 Like

what is your render format ? did you try something basic like jpeg ?

1 Like

I’m sorry. The files are a bit too big due to everything that’s in it. (7GB)

Internet is a bit low on speed, too. I can screenshot or even video record if you like.

I think this is what you’re asking about? In the Output tab?

webp. And just replied to joseph with the image of what I use. Lol.

From your screenshot, I see you are overriding the color management in the output settings.

What is your color management set to in the render settings? If you are rendering in AGX or filmic and then exporting in sRGB, of course the exported image is going to look different from the viewport.

2 Likes

Try jpg to get rid of format handling mistakes, and under color management use Follow scene, so things stay simple.
Try to open the rendered .jpg in some other applications like image viewer / krita or else…

3 Likes

Hm. I’ve noticed Gamma has 1.000. I’ve been messing around with both of them in hope of solving this issue, though. I’ve went from Filmic to sRGB for both. Still have the same result.

Alright. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens.

Okay. This works somehow.

I’m not sure if it’s because of Webp or switching over to Follow Scene. Mainly because before, it was working normally. The model I’m using right now is a girl character. But the male character in this same exact spot, same poses, same materials, just different meshes, it worked normally. This is kind of weird. Lol.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out. Now I just need to better understand what exactly happen. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah at least it’s easy to test out :smiley:
Maybe Webp encode in linear and let the paint app do the decoding and it assumes it’s srgb, it might be a bit too advanced format and therefore prone to error.
Since your scene color management seems to be the same of the overriden ones, I suspect more the format than the override.

2 Likes

AFAIK, Blender doesn’t assign ICC profile to the rendered image, the application that opened it must interpret it correctly (or set it manually), jpg and png are usually interpreted as sRGB if it doesn’t have any ICC profile, maybe Webp, don’t defaulted to sRGB (at least in affinity photo IIRC).

1 Like

Don’t think it has anything to do with the webp image format (not that’s I’d use that anyway), it was the colour management.

The F12 render view in Blender was using the Scene settings, with Gamma at 1, while saving the webp file, was using the Override setting, which had Gamma at 0.

Gamma setting of 1 is bright, the setting at 0 is much darker.

1 Like

Hm. After testing around, it’s definitely webp is incompatible with sRPG. I originally had it as Filmic.

Yeah. It might very well be Gamma giving me the issues when I understand very little about it. Really just wanted that 2D feel. Haha.

ah you’re right, i missed that setting when i looked at it earlier :nerd_face:

1 Like

Lol. Seriously, folks. You have all been a huge help for me. Thank you so much. Even after using Blender for almost 8 years, it seems I still have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Don’t we all :wink:

1 Like