Rendering issue with blender fracture build

So i’ve been having this problem with a small scene in Blender’s fracture modier build by Dennis Fassbaender in which it’s been taking an unreasonable amount of time for the build to render the simulation I have done within it. I’m trying to render a 1920 x 1080 video with 218 samples and everything goes pretty smoothly until it gets to rendering the actual simulation, in which it takes about 18 minutes to render per frame (and before it only took about 30 seconds) which is pretty bad considering I have an Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card running the whole thing. So my main quesion is “is it possible to do anything to speed up the process or is there an error within the blend file that’s causing all of this?” any response is welcome and I thank you in advacne

We’d need to see the .blend file to answer this, don’t you think?

Whoops, I forgot to add that. Here’s a link to the blend file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9c79jEygLDaNUJDWVIyQ01ZMWM/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey, just stumbled over this thread by accident… and wanted to take a look at the blend, but the link is dead already. Hmm, maybe you should have posted this in the Fracture Modifier Thread, would have seen it earlier then.