Rendering SFX-flying cube

I have a problem with rendering speakers, and getting them to show up in the rendered version. here is a link to a video that shows my problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAnfueq7fQY
help?

I haven’t actually experimented with speakers before so this is a good opportunity for me to figure it out, just from knowing how Blender works I highly doubt that the sound will be saved with the render automatically so you should go back to rendering your animation in image sequences, then I’m sure there is a way to bake the music or sound or an option to save to disc, so you can put it into the video sequence editor along with the image sequences, which will then let you render in any format you want with the music.

Now, time to figure out exactly how that works :evilgrin:

Can’t believe I didn’t play with this before, its a lot of fun and I can see that it has a lot of potential.

First thing you want to do is save your animation in the desired format, for something simple like this its fine to use a video codec but if its something important I recommend image sequences like .png images. However if your planning on doing any compositing, then you might want to save it in the openEXR multilayer format so you can get all your render passes later, but that’s a much more advanced topic.

Anyways, go to the Properties window and switch over to the Scene context, your looking for the panel that is the second from top panel and is labeled Audio:

http://s19.postimage.org/bpo41k9gz/Capture3.png

Clicking the Update Animation Cache button fixes sound errors if the cache is out of sync, and the Mixdown button actually saves the sound file, make sure you save it in a good location, for me switching the format to mp3 and using default settings worked fine, but if you want higher quality adjust the setting appropriately. Which, I might add, you can adjust these settings when you save the sound in the lower left hand side of the File Browser.

It takes a few seconds for it to save.

Once that is done open up a Video Sequence Editor window, in this window use Shift+A you will get the Add menu, select Image or Movie, depending on what format you used when you rendered the scene.

http://s19.postimage.org/a9805oh67/Capture.png

When the File Browser pops up locate the render you just finished and import it.

Now press Shift+A again and choose Sound, this time locate the sound file you just mixed down and import it.

Use the G-Key to grab the video and audio and line them up so that they start on the first frame, assuming you didn’t do this by adjusting the values when you where selecting the files to be imported. The controls here are similar to the controls everywhere else in Blender just hold CTRL to snap to increments of 1 second while translating, additionally hold CTRL+SHIFT to snap in 10 frame increments, and SHIFT alone behaves as expected. If you need more info there are a lot of tutorials out there on the Video Sequence Editor, but this should get you started.

To finish off, after adding and aligning the movie/image with the audio strip go over to the Properties window and choose the video format you want in the Output panel, In the Encoding panel just below the Output panel make sure you set up the codec correctly including the Audio Codec and render, this shouldn’t take very long to finish and when its done, open up the video and play it!

Unfortunately I’m not a codec expert at all so I can’t suggest to you which codec to use, but I used mpeg, using H.264 format and mp3 audio codec and it worked fine, I’m sure there’s a codec expert floating around here to help with that. :spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

It may be possible to save the sound with the original render but I didn’t test that out.

hope this helps -proxe

Alright, everything goes fine…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180027[/ATTACH]

until I get to the part with the “Encoding” panel. It isn’t there!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180028[/ATTACH]
P.S I just found out how to add images:yes:.

Look at the paragraph in my last post that has the spinning heads, its a suggestion that I found that works fine, AVI Raw doesn’t have a Encoding panel. I’ll just PM you…

I’m pretty sure it’s because AVI codec doesn’t actually have an audio codec, sooo- I’d suggest using Xvid or Mpeg. Here’s a screenshot of a format that should work, at least I’ve rendered out videos with audio using it.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5868/screenwbw.jpg

If you don’t have Xvid, just switch it to Mpeg, hope that helps :wink:

and remember NEVER use avi codec format, unless you just want video, but it will turn out to have a much larger file size