Rendering suddenly speed up and completed. It's weird and I think smth is missing. Any idea please?

I’m rendering my project and for some reason it’s finished earlier and that’s weird. I’m so anxious about it cuz it looks like something was wrong. For example, the remaining time shows 16: 17: 02 left but it suddenly speed up and completed immediately when it reach the rendering time around 4mins w/o any error showing. I’ve open up the rendered image and it seems like the passes are working normal, but I just don’t trust it. Someone has any idea about it please?

The overall rendering time is not the same; frames with many objects and many slow rendering elements are slow, and rendering speeds up in simple scenes.

If there is nothing wrong with the overall result, it will be fine.

※ The overall rendering time is not accurate because it adds up the remaining frames based on the rendering time of the current scene.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh I see! Thank you so much Kim! You save my day :bouquet: !

1 Like

I am going to add something more.

Even during the rendering of a single image, the remaining time is going to be inaccurate if you are rendering with the “noise treshold” turned on (which it is by default). The noise treshold will make the less noisy parts of the image finish rendering early, so the time estimate is going to fall suddenly when that happen and it will take less time than what was written at first.

1 Like