Rendering :)

I am getting annoyed at rendering. When I render it is a widescreen thing, and it is slightly blurry. The other thing is how do I shrink my texture pictures?

SirMikey

that’s not a very clear description.

What is a “widescreen thing” ? and what does that mean? Have you done something to your Asp X / Y settings in the render buttons?

What do you mean by shrinking a texture picture? Do you want a smaller file? Or do you want a texture image to be like a smaller “decal” on your model? (perhaps your texture/map input/size)

When you talk about widescreen, you probably just hit the ‘16:9’ button.This renders it as would be shown correctly on a TV - where the pixels are not square but in fact rectangular. Make sure that the pixel aspect ratio is set to be square.
That may be the problem.

Sorry about the description. I mean that when I hit the render button it renders my picture in like a widescreen mode and then when I save my picture it is slightly blurry when I view it. Hope that is better.

SirMikey

No it isn’t… what is a widescreen mode? that can mean so many things.

show us your render settings and the result.

Ok. When I hit the render button the render window pops up like normal except that it has those two black borders and the top and bottom of the window. And when it is done it streches the window by removing the black borders and thus making the image streched and making it blurry. {SizeX:640 SizeY:512 AspX:1 AspY:1} Go to http://www.sirmikey.net/blenderprojects5.html and you can see the result for the image.

SirMikey

Ok thanks that’s a much better description.

I suspect you may have “fields” switched on in your render settings?

Fields is really only required if you’re animating for tv… and even then it really usually isn’t. (look for it below the percentage buttons in render)

Yup that was the problem. Thx macouno!

SirMikey

To elaborate…

(1) The “fields” feature is used for interlaced television displays, where one-half of the lines on the screen are redrawn each time.

(2) Always view your renderings on the intended display-device. It can be quite a shock :o to look at your output on a television screen, even a good one! You need to do that as early as possible in the process. In Abbey Road Studios, during the Beatles days, there was in the mixing room a small, tinny speaker. It was used to simulate how the recording would sound on an (AM) car radio. Your computer monitor is a very capable device, but the only thing that matters is how it will appear to the final viewer, with his equipment (which may never have been adjusted and probably is not adjustable).

(3) During processing steps, especially if you are doing compositing, you should render large, detailed images. You can reduce the image size, change aspect-ratios, insert TV fields, and so-on during final postprocessing, using Blender or third-party video tools, if the detail you need is present in all of the rendered input-images in the first place. You can always “mix down.” You can never “mix up.”