Reparations: Views and Opinions

Hello all,

As you know or may not know, the Millions for Reparations March in Washington DC is in its final stages and will come to fruition August 17. This march sets a milestone in the African American struggle for Reparations in America for Chattel Slavery. Though this topic has been covered many times by policy makers, career polititians, scholars, and activists, I would like to hear what you think and know about this particular topic.

What do you know about the Reparations Struggle? and How do you think it will effect you?

I ask that the answers be brief and that people respect others answers. Please do not flame opposing views. Thank you :slight_smile:

I think it is taking it too far. I have no problem with african americans. Both my old business partners were, as are many of my friends. But the fact is, you could probably trace back almost all of our ancestory to someone who wasn’t treated fairly. But no one else could or would demand reparations. The fact is, it is easier for them to get into colleges, to get financial assistance, even sometimes to get jobs, or even to live without jobs and still have some luxuries at the expense of taxpayers. Why not focus on improving the future rather than whining about the past.