Replay type fluid simulation not working as expected

Hello everyone, I am following a tutorial from a book on fluid simulation. I am expecting the simulation to have been baked after the first run and should be replaying on subsequent runs using the Timeline editor.

This is not the case as the frame rate of subsequent runs is the same (as that of the first run as you will see in the screenshot which is one of the subsequent runs and still running at a 0.78 fps).

I am assuming that the cause of the low frame rate is that the subsequent runs are redoing the calculation, hence the simulation is not baked. From the blender manual,

Type

Replay
The cache will be baked as the simulation is being played in the viewport

My Question: I assume this means that the first run already did the baking, what could I be doing wrong that makes the subsequent play in the timeline to redo the baking?

Replay cache type means that during first playback, cache is created to avoid to recompute simulation frames, at replay.
But, if any object with a fluid modifier is modified in scene ; cache is automatically emptied to recompute a simulation taking into account changes.

So, Replay cache type is useful to test simulation, to adjust it. But when you are happy about simulation, and want to protect cache from re-writing ; you have to use another cache type.