Request to Anonymize / Delete Account

The title should be sufficient.

@bartv @joseph

Maybe after the third advent… :wink:

Live long and prosper…

I have tagged the work on my original account and emailed about this, but I would like my portfolio entries deleted from my original account. I am frustrated that I needed to make a new account to post this!

I had hoped you would reconsider your position and see that no one is attacking you or censoring you, and your perceived grievance is just a misunderstanding. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case, so your accounts are anonymized

P.S. Your account already was anonymized, as soon as you asked, not sure why you made another account to ask for something that already happened

Joseph, it seems to me that your problem is that you’re so high on your horse and certain of your righteousness and rightness that you don’t listen/read very thoroughly. It must be inconceivable to you that anyone else isn’t wrong or unintelligent. Please slow down and pay attention to what I’m actually saying, as you haven’t since I first posted on the thread you wanted to control.

I am asking for my portfolio content to be deleted from my original account because it is a. my intellectual property and b. it is personally identifying.

@bartv @moderators

I’ve deleted your one topic without replies. The rest will not be deleted by any moderator, we do not delete topics with replies. There is also no personally identifying information in any of your topics. To quote official policy:

In our process, we don’t delete accounts as that would break existing conversations.

You can also refer to the privacy policy:
https://blenderartists.org/privacy

Which says the exact same thing, but in the official language that you agreed to upon creating an account.

If you’re looking for details about the licensing of your intellectual property, it is CCA-NonCommercial-ShareAlike upon upload to the site, per the Terms of Service:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/deed.en_US

Under this license, you have no claims that oblige this site to remove your content:

No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Again, you agreed to this license when you signed up.

Anyway, your newest sockpuppet account is also anonymized. Making sockpuppet accounts is against the rules and I would encourage you to stop

These are not “sockpuppet” accounts. This isn’t Wikipedia, I have made no effort to hide my identity, and I am not attempting to use these accounts to falsify group support for the achievement of some consensus or nefarious agenda.

I am simply remaking my account each time you prematurely delete one in the middle of me trying to obtain assistance.

@bartv @moderators

I am requesting intervention.

Please delete my work from this website.

I would like all portfolio entries on the account https://blenderartists.org/u/anon69767362/activity/portfolio to be deleted.

Please do not make me involve third parties to express my grievances or to obtain relief. It is truly a small thing I’m asking for, and I don’t want this to get bigger and uglier. I really want this to be resolved so that I can move on.

Thanks so much,

Donavan

Since you’ve threatened legal action, all further communication will have to take place between your legal counsel and BlenderArtist’s. That is to say, you will receive no further replies on this forum, through email, or any other way- communication must go through legal channels now

Edited to add: this topic is closed because all future communication must go through legal counsel

I haven’t threatened legal action. I’m simply willing to involve third parties who may have an interest in a website who hosts, combats the opposition to, and even features antisemtic images (and then denies individuals the ability to stop associating with and appearing on said website).

I don’t want my name or work to be associated with this website. It supports antisemitic propaganda. The work posted to my previous account is identifying. Many display my name in the copyright watermark. One even displays the name of the university I attend.

Additionally, sure, the terms of service give others the right to repost my work for noncommercial purposes; however, BlenderArtists displays ads and is clearly a commercial endeavor. As for the privacy policy, it grants me the right to “erase” my data, as do the GDPR guidelines I assume the site is governed by.

Regardless, I am asking for a simple thing that should not require this amount of back-and-forth and frustration. I’m requesting my work be deleted, and I cannot for the life of me imagine why this would be a difficult request for BlenderArtists to grant. Please, just delete my portfolio entries and let me go about my business free of association with this website.

Thank you so much.