Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

Thanks! :slight_smile: It’s cool to know that you are enjoying it!

Hello guys!

I bring you the boat completely modeled and detailed.
I’ve started texturing, but tomorrow I’ll show you when it’s finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Here is one more boat finished and placed on the scene.
Today I started what will be the airship, which after some research, drew it in draft.
I have a feeling this will be the hardest of all, but I will try my best.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I’m still in the same boat, although it doesn’t seem to have evolved much, I’ve been trying to soften his round.
This has been a little harder to do so it will take me longer to finish.

I hope you enjoy how you are doing!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

…And a bit more progress on the island paint:

Nothing really close of the final look… but at least we got rid of the snow.

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another evolution on the balloon boat.
Gradually and slowly it begins to take shape.
Tomorrow I hope to make a good advance.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more advance on the balloon boat.
I started to make the balloon, but I haven’t finished putting all the flags yet.
Monday I hope everything is ready.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Nice! I really like the design. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys!

I bring you the balloon boat, that the modeling is almost over.
Today I was putting the ropes that support the boat to the balloon and adjusting some things.
I put some more adornments too. Tomorrow I finish all the modeling and start to texturize.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Awesome Ship! :star_struck:

Meanwhile I’ve started making the waterfalls:

Yes, they do are animated already… but still a long road to go to make them actually work good.
By now there is a lot of transparency issues… and several other ones too :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Looking more and more like the concept art at the beginning of the thread. What method are you using to create the waterfall?

1 Like

guys it’s looking fantastic!! Great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Bjarga! Thanks! The target is that concept indeed :slight_smile:
The waterfall is a sculpted object that uses a displace modifier, influenced by an animated procedural cloud texture to give it the movement.

After that I’ve reused the water material from the lagoon, but this time it gets an animated material on top for the foam, which Albedo, Specular, Roughness and Normal textures were painted in Gimp (it’s just white and black dots actually). Now that the principled shader has a transparency node I’ve just plugged to it a white to black transparency map that fades at the bottom.

The rest comes from the reflections.

When it’s done I’ll record a video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Bernardo! Thanks! Feels reassuring to know that you are enjoying it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started to texturize the balloon boat, but as there are so many different objects I am not finished yet.
There are materials we are still experimenting with to see which one will look better.
I hope tomorrow is completely over.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Ok! Here goes the promised video. It’s only relative to the modeling and texturing of the waterfalls, still missing are the special effects for the foam and clouds, there ain’t any color correction too, it’s straight from the viewport:

Still with a lot of transparency z buffering issues (I’m using alpha blend, but need to test alpha Hashed, but if the camera doesn’t move they aren’t noticeable… if I shoot everything in tripods it won’t ever be a problem :laughing: …Not my style :cowboy_hat_face:
When the waterfalls were solid they didn’t look to jump so high from the lake. It’s because we are actually seeing trough the waterfalls in a zone that should be solid.

Shadows are also leaking here and there, but I’ve read that 2.81 will have these improved so they shouldn’t be a problem.
Until tomorrow!

Edit:
Ho! By the way, all water is in, all lakes, rivers and waterfalls are placed:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Finally I bring you the finished balloon boat.
We were experimenting with a few different textures so we could come up with the best fit.
I leave some pictures of the details.
Feel free to comment!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello friends!

Here’s the most recent progress on the painting of the island.

Still not done, but it’s getting closer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Ok! The far far away painting is done now (except if I get negative reviews from you hehe):

The towns now will need each to have a completely individual painting, with much more resolution for the shots seen from the ground/homes.
I’ve rendered an image in 4K for testing the paint quality, in the very highest resolution possible, and it looks like this:

Seems reasonable :slight_smile:

Note:
I’ve updated to blender 2.81 alpha and that completely broke the water, so you see it now flat and over mirrored :confused: It seems that the Bump maps were refactored and they now don’t do a thing :laughing: it’s something to look for later.

Until tomorrow!

3 Likes