Resilience Satelle

director/producer/story ROGÉRIO PERDIZ art director and main concepts DANIEL THIELE additional concepts ROGÉRIO PERDIZ lead 3D artist RUTE PERDIZ 3D artist RUI TEIXEIRA traditional arts ELIZABETH BOUDREAU character designer ROGÉRIO PERDIZ character rigger JUAN PABLO BOUZA animator ROGÉRIO PERDIZ 3D software BLENDER.ORG original soundtrack STEFAN TOTSEV

◢◤◢◤◢◤ ◢◤ :warning: WARNING :warning: ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

• This project may take up to 50 years to be concluded.
  • Join the party at Discord!
  • Clash on Little Pond spin-off also on the works.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hello friends!

What is this all about:

In simple terms, Resilience Satelle will be an engaging, thrilling, and emotional cinematic short film experience. It will feature roller coaster-like rides, drama, comedy, heart-wrenching moments, and breathtaking action, all set in a fluid and visually stunning fantasy world that feels as vibrant as real life itself! The experience is suitable for the whole family.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Allow me to introduce you to the main characters:

Noam Rade (the green), Shar Cadente (the blue), Moget Globum (the red), Luso Rana (the frog), and Stela Citera (someday will be done).

Synopsis:

Moget and Noam are two children living in separate towns on Mushroom Island. Both of them feel unhappy for different reasons. Noam, who has no arms, yearns to experience the full potential of what he could do. Moget, living in isolation, longs for a friend to share joyous moments with. One fateful day, they both witness a shooting star (Shar) and make wishes to find happiness. Unbeknownst to them, Shar grants their wishes by removing the obstacles in their paths and quietly observes to see if they can discover the true formula for happiness on their own.

As Moget and Noam form a strong friendship and engage in playful activities, a young girl named Stela mysteriously washes ashore after jumping from a peculiar ship that crashes near Moget’s town. With determination, Stela convinces Moget and Noam to embark on an epic quest across the seven floating islands. Together, they will face challenges and uncover the secrets of resilience and self-discovery.

• Moral lesson:
    Empower yourself to overcome limitations, regardless of your circumstances.

Who is making it?

The majority of the project is being handled by Rogério Perdiz (since 2009) and his wife, Rute Perdiz (since 2019). However, we have also received invaluable assistance from a talented group of freelancers from around the world, who have contributed their skills and expertise to various aspects of the project over the years. We consider ourselves ‘ats’ people… one of us adores hats, while the other has a fondness for cats.

• And you are…!?:
    I’m probably just like you… but 15 years into the future! I’ve always had a dream of becoming a film and game director, and back in 2000 (Blender v2.01), I saw an opportunity to fulfill both passions with Blender. Being self-taught, I learned everything by trial and error, exploring every button to understand its purpose (there was no internet available to me at that time). In the span of 2006 to 2007, I created a short animation titled ‘Orion Tear’.
    Since 2009, I’ve been working as a professional Blender freelancer, honing my skills in all aspects of Blender (except Python coding). I collaborate with companies such as Boombit, Lithodomos VR, Aeon Virtual, as well as various independent individuals around the globe, helping to transform their imaginative dreams into virtual reality. It’s been an incredible journey so far, and I’m proud to say that I’ve even had the opportunity to contribute to the post-production of the Hollywood movie “Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Adventure”.

• @Rute_Perdiz is a talented lead 3D artist who works tirelessly alongside me (quite literally) to bring our projects to life. She began learning Blender from me in 2014 and has since evolved into an exceptional 3D modeler, sculptor, and painter. Rute primarily focuses on projects like Resilience Satelle, Clash on Little Pond, and other in-house ventures. Additionally, she occasionally takes on freelance 3D artist tasks for companies and individuals, including LithodomosVR.
    Rute’s skills have developed to such an extent that I often find myself seeking Blender tips from her. Her contributions have been invaluable to our work, and she continues to impress with her dedication and artistry.

Social networks

Resilience Satelle Youtube | My Youtube | Twitter | Linkedin | Artstation | Blog

License for all the content of this thread:
Licença Creative Commons

Soundtrack:

Here is a small Demo of the original soundtrack to get you in the mood:
:loud_sound: ||| Resilience Satelle Excerpt ||| :loud_sound:
It was composed for the project by Mr. Stefan Totsev and it’s already completed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

★。\|/。★
:framed_picture: Gallery :framed_picture:
★。/|\。★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━✦❘༻༺❘✦━┓
:moneybag: SPONSORS: :moneybag:
┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━┛

Pure-Sky by 3DVision

Patreon: @Voppag

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

✜ ⇧ Cheat Codes ⇩

Characters | Island | Bridges ⇧✜⇩ Boats | Windmill (rigging) | Balloons ⇧✜⇩ Moget Town | Night Time | First Alpha Renders ⇧✜⇩ Animation day 1 | Cave | Explaining 360º video ⇧✜⇩ How to Pronounce | Armory Painting | Tower ⇧✜⇩ Noam Docks | Moget Docks | Proof Of Concept ⇧✜⇩ First Patreon | Mines | Work cloths ⇧✜⇩ Rute Characters | Secondary Characters Rig | A Full game perhaps!? ⇧✜⇩ Discord | Unreal Vs Unigine | Luso

What’s next!?

ResilienceSatelle-rice_logo

62 Likes

Hello again Friends!
To start here’s the very first asset for the scenery. It’s the Noam House:

It’s based on the original concept from Mr. Daniel Thiele but all the fine details (ornaments, windows, lamps, etc) were created by Rute Perdiz that made all the modeling and the texturing of the asset.
The house was all made in Blender 2.8 and rendered in Eevee.

Noam, made by me, is in the scene for scaling purposes and to see if it “fits” the scenery :slight_smile:
Please feel free to comment, we’ll read all the comments .

7 Likes

Hello!
I am Rute Perdiz and I am doing the second house of the project, which is next to Noam’s.
The main look comes from the concept, but the ornaments are my own, based on several references that I have been researching on some styles that I admire.

Today I put the structure that supports the back porch and the windows in rural style.
I am publishing, day by day, progress.
Hope you like it !

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

5 Likes

By the way, this is the original concept we are using for all the houses of the Noam’s Town:

The “Mushroom island” is divided in two main towns by a cliff. For now the focus of the work will be the Noam town.

7 Likes

Hello again!

I am here to present another progress in the second house of the project.
Since the last time I have added the stairs that give access to the house, using the same style as the Noam’s. I also added the doors and in the circular window I decided to ornament it. I put together some shutters, with a personal touch based on some references researched.
The last thing I did today was the roof, which was chosen to be in square stone tile.
I hope you are enjoying all the progress and progress.

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

10 Likes

Hello friends,
Today here is a pose/expressions test for Noam:

Who is this guy?
Noam is often found depressed due to his limited physical condition. He believes that is able of much more than it body allows, being consumed by a denied jealous feeling. Loses temper real quick and tends to loose the control under stress. His frustration blinds him, stopping him from see what he still can do, focusing only in what he can not… however under of all the darkness there is a gold heart that only needs a little of incentive to radiate happiness.

His mother made him some scarfs that act like his harms and hands, not like if they have muscles, but kind of magically… like if the wind gave them the right movements to enhance Noam’s feelings.

On the game he will be mostly involved on puzzle solving areas, but will also have moves of physical attack.

Noam is my favorite character… ever! :slight_smile: I just love this guy!

6 Likes

Hello friends!
Today is Shar day… or night :wink:

Altruist and a positive. He makes the most of his divine condition’s to, ambiguously, surf trough the night skies, searching for beings with difficulties. Thanks to his endless wisdom he easily finds solutions to every kind of problem. Life fascinates him and he can’t face sadness without doing something to help. Shar is a golden heart shooting star, that flies between the earth and sky, marveling all the existence.

On the game he will mostly fly :slight_smile:
Shar was the first character I’ve drawn for this project.

3 Likes

Hey again friends!

Moget has arrived!

Lonely but always inspired and energetic. He pretty much stands on it’s own but misses some friends to play ball with him. He is strong and calm, but at the same time very sensitive when it comes to family values. He lov… ho wait!!! Loves his ball, being unable to let go from it more than 2 seconds.
He doesn’t frozen to fear and easily enters in a quest full of dangers if he considers that will improve is life.

Moget will be responsible for the platform areas, he can also trow his ball towards the enemies.

He his the most complex and most difficult to make character.

5 Likes

Hello again friends! The second house is now being textured. The UV mapping for all these woods is a bit time consuming, but it’s the only way to ensure that everything goes in the right direction.
Meanwhile allow me to introduce you to the amazing rig the characters have:

It’s based on Blend Rig 5 but Juan also added all the specific controls for each characters. It’s the most wonderful rig I’ve ever worked it! I never seen nothing as efficient and as easy to work with has this one.
Fortunately Juan made an update for blender 2.8 and now all the previous functionality and controls from the 2.79 version.

Best regards

3 Likes

The conversion of the Island from 2D to 3D has also started :slight_smile:
So far the basic shape for the front elements are up.
Much to do yet… :coffee:

3 Likes

Hello again!
The second house is finished, but we have encountered problems with the textures, especially in the duplicates that are mirrored, in which the texture is darker, on Eevee (on Cycles looks good). Changing the Uvs always results in different looks. Since we are not able to come up with a solution, we will have to review the whole method of applying textures.
In the meantime I’ll move on to modeling the next house.

Best regards,

Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello!

I started the third house of the project. The basic form and the measures have already been stipulated.
Tomorrow I will begin to decorate the roofs and put the support for the house.
Hope you like it!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello! I’m writing in the name of my wife that can’t post due the blocking rules for new users:

Rute_Perdiz says:

Hello again!

As promised here is another small evolution of the third house of the project. Today I finished the whole structure that supports the roofs, giving some details.
I also finished the basic structure that will support the whole house. Tomorrow I will stipulate where the doors and windows will be …

I hope you are enjoying it!
Best regards,

Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Today I have screens of the Noam’s boat that is being modeled by the BA member SlykDrako (Rui Teixeira):

Based on one of the lousiest sketchs ever (made by me), Rui, voluntarily (translated: “we don’t pay him a cent for his awesome work”) converted it to the gorgeous 3D model you can see above.
It’s still on a W.I.P stage and final look probably won’t be this, but, following the philosophy of show all the progress, this had to be shown too :wink:

Noam’s boat!?
This boat was made specifically for Noam to travel from home to School.
Because Noam doesn’t have harms, it propels the boat using pedals (not made yet) that rotate the wheel on the back. It also has a third pedal for direction.

Tomorrow Rute_Perdiz will report on the house.
Until then
Best regards
-Rogério-

3 Likes

Rute_Perdiz has wrote (she still can’t post due to the 3 reply maximum on each topic for new users):

Hello!

Today I finished putting the windows and doors, which will be made of wood. In the tower I decided to give a more ornate touch to the window.
Also the entrance of the house that is composed by a balcony is finished.
Tomorrow I will put the tiles and the chimney and in principle will be finished, ready to texturize.
Hope you like it…

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
Today I finished the modeling of the third house of the project.
We opted, on the roof, for stone tile in the form of “diamond”. All of them were placed with instances, one by one.
The chimney I opted for something simpler so that the house is not exaggerated.
In the meantime I will move on to modeling another house until we find a more effective and simple texturing method.

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started the fourth house of the project.
I structured the plan of how it will be. However, there are only roofs and walls, but Monday I hope to make the support for the base and decide where the doors and windows will be.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,

Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

On the materials/textures department:
My goal for this project is to have everything looking like painted by hand, similar to the concept paints or my own paintings

The original plan was to have a dedicated person to 3D paint the objects by hand, but that turned out not to be a realist option.
I’ve then considered just to apply some filters of Gimp to the textures and go with that… but that doesn’t seem to be the ideal solution, specially because it’s hard to make changes to them, they tile bad and they just look too much 8 bit videogames when up close.

After talking with SlykDrako, I’ve decided to keep the materials realistic, for now, and only in the end apply some magic stuff, on the compositor, to blend the colors a bit and make everything look more close of the desired look.

This will ensure that we can keep moving forward without loosing the consistence from object to object and without fighting too much against the tide in the early stages :blowfish:

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I’ve placed the support of the house and decided where the windows and doors would be. This house will be a little simpler than the others because it will not be in the focus of the animation. Tomorrow I hope to have finished the modeling and the adjustments to then proceed the texturing.
Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello friends!
These are the planed gameplay controls for Resilience Satelle. They will cover all the interactivity for this project in both Arcade and PC versions. Both versions will feel identical.
Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes