Resilience Satelle

Hello guys!

Today I completed the structure of the balcony and the stairs and began to texture. Tomorrow I hope the first phase of texturing is finalized and then move on to the others.

I hope you are enjoying it !!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing. Tomorrow I will proceed with the texturing of the house I modeled before this one.

Best regards,

Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

excellent work on this so far. i have a respect for the effort that goes into making a game. i would imagine films are much more so. im a coder myself, so all this art and animation blows me away :exploding_head:. figured id drop a reply after lurking for a while, seeing as no one else has. i personally hate it when that happens…

mind sharing a bit about the title? i originally clicked on this thread with the idea of star wars, being similar to “Satele” Shan. but i was most surprised (and relieved) to find something much more original and fascinating. :smile:

Hello DAedalus_MDW,
Thanks for breaking the ice! :slight_smile:
I’m the exact opposite, It’s the codding that I find fascinating how can someone convert text in actual game play. One of the strong points of Armory is the Visual node programing that I do can work with. I had C and Turbo Pascal on School, but I kind of forgot everything :smile:

Haa! Good catch! “Resilience Satelle” hehe it literally translate to “Follower of Resilience” (satelle is Latin for “follower” and it was from that word that came the modern “satellite”.
For this project it means “follower of one ability to overcome limitations”.
The story moral is about to accept our limitations… focus on what we have and stop thinking on all that we don’t.

Shar is a shooting star (grants wishes from creatures), and once accepting a wish he is the one that takes the “big rocks” out of the way and then follows the progress of them until they make, by them selfs, their wish come true. The title came from this original concept.

Hehe sorry if it is too confusing :wink:

Hello guys!

Today I finished another texturing in one of the houses I had already modeled. Tomorrow I will texture another house. And once they’re all textured, I’ll go back to modeling the rest.

I hope you are enjoying it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

ah, that makes some good sense :+1:. a well thought out story and defined characters is huge for me, doesnt need to be complex, just not slapped together. sounds like you are doing great so far! i might give it a play, although my tastes err a bit darker :upside_down_face:.

how much of the story do you have done? im in the middle of working on getting actual events and script writing done. we have a lot of the story done, but converting arcs into dialog and game missions is quite overwhelming.

Thanks! I had time to polish the details hehe.
Yeah a big game is Very complicated and time consuming to script.

For Resilience Satelle the story is completed. The entire game will last only 15 to 20 minutes (depending of the player reaction time) :slight_smile:

It’s not like an usual game in which you have missions and such… it will be more like a fun short carousel ride in which you’ll have to take control on key moments of the story. You won’t be able to “die” on this game too, unless the character actually dies on the story. You’ll have to take control on many places and will force you to be the good guy, the bad guy and the solutions guy. Hopefully this will make you feel/Be like the 3 characters.

My goal is making something real that I know that I can do with what I have now :slight_smile: just like the story of it lol

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of one of the houses I’ve modeled. Now I will adjust the textures of Noam’s house and then proceed to model some more houses.

Hope you like it !

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
A bit more of the Mushroom Island got completed:

So far so good :cowboy_hat_face:
Until next time!

1 Like

Hello guys!
Today I started to model one more house. This will be simpler since it will not be so close to where the animation will go. The windows and doors are already in place and on Monday I will end the support of the house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Good morning!

The mushroom island got a bit more progress made. The East side is almost completed:

Best regards,
Rogério

1 Like

Tá a ficar fixe!! Gosto muito do barco do SlykDrako e o cenário também. As casas podiam ser menos rígidas, embora gosto do design das mesmas.
Boa sorte com o vosso projecto.

sounds like some hardcore roleplaying madness. play as the bad guy? yes please! :grin:

Muito obrigado! Vou responder em Inglês pois pode ter informações pertinentes para os outros membros também.

Thanks for your comment Secrop! I’m glad you’re enjoying the project. :slight_smile:

You mentioned some stiffness in the houses but that you liked the design; these side of the Island is a new town, all the houses are supposed to be mint new or brand new . In contrast, the Moget town is made of old houses that will look more aged. Anyway thanks for your comment, all of this is made in a way that can evolve, so I’ll have your opinion in consideration :thinking:

Best regards
Rogério

Hehe yes! Much better described! It’s exactly that :smile:
Yup! Playing with the bad guy and doing some noty things (kids safe) will be feature.

Hello guys!

Today I finished the support structure of the house and started texturizing it.
Tomorrow I hope to finish and start modeling a new house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hey there!
One more update on the island, the entire East side is made as also the clif that separates both towns:

I’m experimenting the water level too because there will be a high tide to low tide change that will enable the meeting of Moget with Noam, so it’s important that the heights are correct.
Until the next progress! :wink:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished texturizing another house and in the meantime I will model another. From now on the houses will be simpler since the most important ones are already finished.
Hope you like it!!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello again!

I started modeling a new house. This will be a kind of storage house, so it will be very small and simple. Tomorrow I hope to have it finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hey there,
Hope you guys are having a great day!
Here is a bit more progress on the mushroom island, heading towards West mountains now:

Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes