Resilience Satelle

Hello @Zelfior!
Thank you very much for your comment! I’m really happy you’re enjoying the progress! :slight_smile:

how much have you seen yourself making progress?

Ok, so I’m actually a blender apprentice since 2001 and a professional Blender artist since 2009 (I don’t do anything else… I probably don’t even know to do anything else :sweat_smile: ) …and I still learn something new every single day :slight_smile: … But, not as much as on my apprentice days. Just little tricks, here and there, that save us one or 2 minutes when making a task.

These days are mostly all about optimizing the procedures to meet the goals/deadlines of each project and making it profitable for all parties involved.
I would say that I never learned as much like in the Opel GT days, regarding modelling, and Orion Tear days regarding animation, texturing and simulation.

How does it feel to look at things you’ve done at the beginning?

After 2009, I like everything I made… actually from 2009 until 2012 was the time I made everything technically perfect. I’ve worked for companies that would allow me to take the time to actually bring each piece to the perfect topology and such :slight_smile:
These days I feel that I mostly make rushed things. The clients are happy because the appearance is more important than the technicality… but the geek in me would like to have each square just perfect every single time :stuck_out_tongue:

The stuff I made from 2001 until 2009 is just plain bad by my today standards. But it was the stuff that made me what I am today, so I respect it.

Do you have a lot of things you think need to be redone?

These days we do stuff (like you can see on Resilience Satelle) in a way that we never need to redo a thing. We always ensure that anything can be progressively refined/improved.
We build everything in an Titanium solid simple base and we progressively improve on top… until the results meet the project budget and/or deadline.

After almost 18 years of Blender, I’ve tried it all, all ways, all methods, all procedures, so we now know exactly how to do the base for each project type (movies, games, renderings, etc). We often work in 3 different bases. Resilience Satelle uses the movies one.

Because Resilience Satelle doesn’t have a deadline we just keep improving it, having as limitation just the hardware we have. As soon we actually get a budget for it and a fixed deadline, then we’ll need to decide exactly how much is good enough :slight_smile:

Any other question let me know that I’ll try to reply it a.s.a.p.

2 Likes