Resilience Satelle

Hello Friends!
I’ve been improving a bit the smoke that comes out from the Chimneys:

Previously it was looking just like an empty shell, specially if I would change the view from anything else that wasn’t front/side view. Now It looks almost good when rotating all around it :slight_smile: Certainty good enough for a scenery item.

I remember that the animated material is an adaptation from the blender add-on EMBER and that the animated smoke objects are made by me.

Take care and stay healthy!
-Rogério-

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the utensils that I will use in the fruit shop.
They are all ceramic and rustic, to give a more welcoming touch.
Tomorrow I will make the fruit to place on the exhibitors.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Dude you guys rock! Great work thus far and good luck and godspeed!

2 Likes

Hello @Slartibartfast!
Thank you very much for the nice words! We’re happy you’re enjoying the progress! You rock too! :wink:

Hello guys!

Today I end the week with something healthy :stuck_out_tongue:
I was able to model, in a simple way, the fruit that I will place in the fruit shop exhibitors.
I just couldn’t place the textures at all.
Monday will be ready.

I hope you have a good weekend, as much as possible, and don’t forget to keep your positivism :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

:thinking: Have I mentioned how much I hate working with volumetric clouds… you make a change and need to wait minutes to see just that you need to change something just to wait again… and this wile looking just to cubes:

:rage: :angry: :pleading_face: :weary::face_with_raised_eyebrow: Well… One got to start by some place, so, let’s see how things go next week :slight_smile:
A sequence of shots (“Shar Cloud Surf”) will capture Shar, at night, wile he soars trough the cloudy sky, that’s what I’m trying to achieve here :slight_smile:

Have a great Sunday! See you on Monday!
Best regards
-Rogério-

1 Like

I trust that, if you ever seen Star Trek, you’ll understand :smile:
Because it’s Sunday and we are staying at home, I finally got time to take some pictures of our workplace.

Take care and stay healthy friends!
Have a great Sunday!
-Rogério and Rute Perdiz-

6 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the fruit shop of the Moget’s village.
I completed all the utensils and objects that make it up.
Tomorrow I will start a new object.

Hope you like it! :kiwi_fruit: :yum: :relaxed:
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

5 Likes

And this is how it looks in place:

…Cloud work continues and is improving.
Changing the "Tile size"values from 2 to 8 makes the volumetric clouds workable… I think my workstation isn’t volumetric clouds ready :confused: that is very sad, considering it only makes 5 years next month :neutral_face: it’s like middle age… my previous workstation lasted for 8 years.

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started a new house.
After researching for some time, I managed to come up with an idea.
It still has only the detailed roof. Tomorrow I will work more on it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

:warning: DANGER :warning:
Production hat on

Hello friends! @Rute_Perdiz had the idea ( and I liked it very much) of a possible way to gather some income to invest on the Resilience Satelle conclusion, while giving something “real” back to you.

To start you can now buy our Avatar 3D models :thinking: not sure why would you want to do that, but anyway you now can :upside_down_face: They have both a simple Forward Kinematics armature so you can easily pose them as you wish.

But the idea wasn’t about the avatars, but actually selling some of the Resilience Satelle assets.
To start perhaps the smaller ones (chairs, boats, etc), but after we complete the project we may actually sell the big assets too (houses, scenery, balloons, etc) and even the characters.

If this actually works, we could start the next project selling objects right from the beginning! :smiley:
What do you think!? Is this a good idea?

Best regards
-Rogério

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I added a little more to the new house for the village.
The structure is already finished, now I just need to fix the details and place the utensils and objects that identify it!
Tomorrow I will finish some details and start to texture.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I started to texture the house and I hope to finish it tomorrow.
Then I will create the utensils and objects to decorate and identify it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Today I would like to mention the most important window in any project, the marvelous “Outliner”.

On this window I spend most of my time… just looking to it… mostly doing nothing at all, just looking to it :yawning_face: …well, after a lot of looking I always find a way to organize things yet a bit clearer and in a way it speeds up our life :nerd_face: What a lovely window! I just love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::thinking: That, or this quarantine thing is simply taking the better out of me.

Anyway @Rute_Perdiz hadn’t time to post current progress on the latest house, so at least you can see how that is going :slight_smile:

Best regards
-Rogério-

1 Like

]

Hello guys!

Today I made some more advances in the decoration of the new house and, as you can see, it is a barn.
I place on some accessories and field life but they are not all yet.
Monday I’ll do the missing ones!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished another house in the Moget’s village.
I added, since last time, a farm fork and a hoe, which were the objects that were missing to compose the barn.
Tomorrow I will start another object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Day one of primary animation has arrive :partying_face:

Hello Friends!
Today is a big day :smiley: after I don’t know how many days, weeks, months, years, centuries, the primary animation for Resilience Satelle begins!
Noam is in the set and he is all fired up!

I’m forced to make yet another mention to the excellent rigging work Juan Pablo Bouza made on the characters. He not only delivered the characters rigged but also made a simpler version of the characters that, in the conditions you see on the screenshot, runs Noam at solid 30FPS.

Until tomorrow!
-Rogério-

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started another house for the village.
It is still in a very simple form, with only the most developed roofs.
Tomorrow it will be more developed.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the house completely modeled.
Tomorrow I will start with the textures and then start the props and utensils that will help to identify it better.
My husband says that just like this, as the house is, you can already understand what kind of house it will be, so I will leave the question to anyone who wants to guess.

What will it be? Can you guess? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello Friends!
Day two of animation :slight_smile:

I’ll show you the entire progress, so you can see how lousy everything looks at this point.
I’m mostly figuring out the timings now, nothing is complete, nothing is final… just plain old boring stuff :yawning_face:

:warning:CAUTION :warning:
The animation dailies may be a bit of a spoiler!
Although:

• I won’t ever show it to you from the camera perspective;
  • You wont ever see it rendered, only the workbench look;
  • You’ll only see it on my reference set and never on the real one.

It will be just like seeing Keanu Reeves filming Matrix 4 on the Chicago streets :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! Yes! I’ve been working the entire day on it.
Until tomorrow!
-Rogério-