Resilience Satelle

So :blush: We now properly wear the project!
Courtesy of @Rute_Perdiz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started to elaborate the belt with fitting for blacksmith’s tools. Tomorrow I hope to make the bag and the other accessories.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I managed to model the bag to put it on the belt. It is a very simple bag but I really liked the final result.
I also added the missing buckles and the knot in the scarf on the head.
Tomorrow I will do the rest of the details and then move on to the next stage and finally start painting the textures.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

On a screenshot I saw that you are using the latest stable version of Blender. Are you going to stick with 2.93 LTS or will you continue migrating the project to every new version?

I am curious if you encountered any problems with updating such a large project to a newer version of Blender. especially with modifiers. :thinking:

Hello @hum-bee!
We use indeed always the most recent blender, sometimes even Beta versions. The only thing I make sure is that me and @Rute_Perdiz always use the same version.

Yes, sometimes some things break, but we have all linked, even materials, so we adjust one thing and it updates on set.

So far the most serious issue we had was when the noise texture/texture mapping node changed and we lost all water :slight_smile:

This is such a long project that if we kept by only one version it would be outdated at release time. I also am counting with future blender features to make this happen, specially Paralax Occlusion Mapping and Eevee panoramic camera which, regarding this last one, sadly no one is working on at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I see. Makes sense to update to the newest version to benefit form updates and improvements.

Uh, Parallax Occlusion Mapping looks realy promising! Blender is going to have the function to inspect your scenes via VR. Are you still planing to prerender the animations to an equirectangular video?

edit I guess to load the scene and compile the shader will take quite some time?

Yeah, at least for the houses roofs and for the terrains I’m counting with the Parallax Occlusion Mapping creator to boost the looks up a bit :laughing: But probably… surely :thinking: won’t be possible to have it on all materials due huge compile time and also memory… The only build they have is for Windows, so I still couldn’t test it.

Yeah, I still am planing to pre-render the animations to equirectangular video :slight_smile: …and I don’t see that change even if I get founding to make only a movie (easy to get in Portugal, perhaps). I’ll still make the 360º experience. All is being made to be visible at 360º all the time.

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished all the blacksmith’s modeling.
Now I am just preparing geometry to proceed with painting textures, removing the interior so that it does not cross outwards and joining all the points, so that it stays in a single object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I was cleaning the geometry and preparing the character for painting the textures.
Now the blacksmith is just one object, all together. I took the inner geometry and unite everything in one.
Monday I’ll start painting the textures.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

…Meanwhile the porting for the Pure-Sky system is complete (sunset and sunrise respectively):

This is the very top resolution that my PC can render it :slight_smile: All this drains 48Gb of memory 12 from the GPU + 32 from the CPU and even a bit of virtual memory.

@fmoewe
At night time I get a lot of red color outside the Sun lamp Cascade shadow map Max distance area (which is set up to 1500 meters now):

If I increase the maximum distance of the shadow map, the red goes progressively back, but I see no use for this red… could you, when you have time and patience, explain the reason of this Red and how can it be fixed?

• Also a feature request :slight_smile: Can’t the Lens flares have adjustable distance from camera? As it is now the camera clipping start needs to be 0.1, but in large scenes, like this one, we need to have the clipping start at, at least, 1m, so that the tiny objects don’t flicker and such.

Best regards
Rogério

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Today, after a small “training” given by big boss Rogério Perdiz :crazy_face: , I started to paint the textures on the character.
As everything is new for me, I will go slowly. I will start by putting the most basic colors and only at the end I will detail, in the best possible way for me, the fabrics of the clothes and accessories.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Humm! :thinking: Boss and Big Boss !?

Yes, the lamp turns red automatically during the night cycle. To solve this problem you can add a flat object below your scene with a “solidify” modifier.
or you can simply reduce the intensity of the lamp for night scenes.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay of my answer, I’m still working on an update.

Hey @fmoewe
Thank you very much for your time to reply!

I did try to place a plane with solidify like you mention, or even add a solidify to the terrain, works for solid geometry, but the volumetric fogs and objects that have transparency keep being red after the shadow map max distance.

Reducing the light intensity does work :slight_smile:

Funny enough the red did came in handy for a client work, for which I actually wanted red clouds at night ( or this issue gave me the idea).

Anyway it was just to mention the very few issues that I’ve found! Considering all that Pure-Sky packs, it was just this that caused some issue. It’s near perfect on everything else!

Hello guys!

Today I continued to paint the blacksmith’s textures. I only lack a few things to add the basic colors, and as soon as I have everything in color, I will detail.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Do you paint directly in Blender or do you use a secondary software like ArmoryPaint?

Hey @hum-bee! @Rute_Perdiz has turn off the PC for today and is warming up at the fireplace :slight_smile:
Because it is an easy question I’ll reply by her:

She is using only Blender. She is painting all directly on the 3D model, with the Blender default tools and using just the 3D viewport :smiley:

I also painted Moget, Noam, Shar and Seagull like that. Only Blender will be used for the characters.

Armory Paint still crashes a lot and has data losses at saving… at least on Linux. I’ve painted 2 terrains with it because I could do it all in one day and didn’t need to save the progress.

1 Like

oh, i understand. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Hi hum-bee!!

I’m just painting on blender. :blush:

1 Like