Resilience

Hello everyone ! :slight_smile:

I’d like to show you a project I’ve been working on (and struggling with) lately which I called Resilience

1920x6200 Clay render

1920x1920 Square render

I used a weird picture ratio (resolution is 1920x6200) for this artwork, as a way to increase the verticality of the scene. I was also inspired by an artist, Damir G. Martin, who worked on a dinosaur art serie ; this man depicted a Brachiosaurus and used the picture ratio to make it look very tall and massive (Link here). I wanted to reproduce this feel.

I had a hard time working on the rock structure, since I never worked on a detailed rock creation process. It was a real challenge, I started multiple times from scratch since I wasn’t satisfied with the look until I found something visually appealing with the help of ZBrush’s Trim Dynamic tool (and with the help of some Youtube tutorials).

I used multiple softwares for the scene, such as Blender 2.83 for basically everything, I used ZBrush for rock sculpting and details, Substance Painter for texturing, Meshroom for some personnal photoscanned assets, The Grove (awesome Blender paid add-on) for trees, and Photoshop for compositing !

I invite you to check the Artstation project to be able to zoom in the piece and experience the feel I wanted to create here.

Rendered in 1920x6200, Cycles, 512 samples for the main parts, and a Volumetric only pass at 2048 samples + denoising

I hope you like it ! Have a nice day and thanks for reading ! :grinning:

landscapes

37 Likes

Amazing love it✔️

1 Like

Well thanks a lot, I’m glad you like it ! :slight_smile:

good luck with the groceries ^^, love the presentation.
Consider the size of the rock elements, I would say that the top rocks are to smooth - but on the other hand it suits the style.

1 Like

Hehe, at this point you better start growing your own food and producing your own goods ! Thank you for this comment.
You’re probably right, actually the way rocks are made differ from top to bottom, as I started to create the top ones first, and the down ones last. My process certainly inconsciously changed as time went ! :man_shrugging:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @bartv !! :smiley:

1 Like

@Pat2Gtrs Yeah ! Congratulation for the featuring, it’s deserved !

1 Like

Thanks a lot Antoine ! De même pour toi, pour toutes les fois où tu as été Featured, j’ai hâte de voir la suite de tes projets ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoooa man, this is eye candy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooo goood mygoshh

1 Like

@alekba @lilpix Thanks to both of you, I’m very happy you like this artwork ! :grin:

I have featured you on the “Hand-picked Blender Art #29” post on BlenderNation! https://www.blendernation.com/2021/07/01/hand-picked-blender-art-29/

1 Like

I just checked the link you provided, I can say I’m honored to be amongst those other incredible and very talented artists. Thanks a lot, I couldn’t be happier ! :smiley:

1 Like