Resting a few verts from 'Shape Keys'

Going to try to explain this the best I can.

Set up a character with some basic facial poses (Smile, LipClosed, EyesColse, etc) Did some tweaking to the original Basis and now the rest of the ‘Shape Keys’ are off. Instead of just deleting the Key and starting the pose all over again. I wanted to know if there was a way to just reset certain vertices back to the Basis.
Is this possible and how do I do it?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Yeah, you don’t want to modify the Basis once you’ve made other shape keys, because all subsequent shape keys rely on the positions of the vertices in the Basis shape key to compute correctly.

Verts deforming while transitioning between two shape keys always move in a straight line, there are no rotations possible. This is why you get strange results. Also adding, removing, or merging vertices after the fact is generally going to cause problems. There can be exceptions where it doesn’t break everything, but avoid doing it if at all possible.

If it’s only part of your mesh that’s mis-deforming it might be worth trying to salvage it by deleting the problematic geometry and rebuilding. But then again maybe not. Save As before trying anything shaky like that.

I will, and thanks. :slight_smile: