Retopo MT for Blender 2.80

Thanks i was trying, this is my opinion.
It looks really cool, but when i enter the mode, i’m forced to perspective mode so basically it is unusable for me :frowning:

1 Like

Addon updated. v 2.0.9
Added work in orthographic mode.
Added the operation of buttons on NUMPAD and the HOME button.
Also, added the work of the pencil buttons.
Fixed BSurface mode. Inverted normals.

5 Likes

Addon updated. v 2.1.0
Bugs fixed.
Added Flip Normal: N (key)
Added red color for triangle faces

7 Likes

Amazing tool! Thank you very much! With this machine I don’t need BSurfaces anymore that not so efficient than your addon.

1 Like

Hello -
This tool looks very interesting but I am having some trouble with it - the stroke/strip making/editing in itself works fine, but I seem unable to confirm by pressing enter. I’ve tried it on 2.8 and 2.81. Any suggestions ?

1 Like

Everything looks fine but one thing really annoying: when I need merge vertices (Shift+LMB) or change brush size then click LMB - high poly mesh being selected. When I press Q high poly mesh and retopo mesh both hold in edit mode and because of high poly mesh has big amount of polys it’s going stress out my PC. Could you please block selecting other objects in retopo mode?

Request:

• Right click for stop operation like in native blender interface. For example, when you draw stroke you click RMB and operation cancel.

• Add way to change keymap for your addon, it would be handy right in addon section.

• Add feature to change rendering of retopo mesh (Wire, Solid, Textured similar as in object tab) and X-ray on/off.

3 Likes

Addon updated. v. 2.1.1 (17-03-2020):

Added a keymap setting (in addon preferences) for entering the retopology mode.

Added cancellation of the current action by the ESC button or the RMB (right mouse button).

Added application of the current action by the Enter button.

Removed mesh selection by pressing the LMB (left mouse button).

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you very much! Now it’s much better!
I hope whole keymap of Retopo MT will be also available for customize, but it’s not too high prior.

Here is another thing. When I switch off auto merge (U) it’s keep merging. Also as you can see radius of brush is huge, on the big meshes it’s normal but with objects with ~2x2x2 meters brush not adapting for this dimensions. As I can understand third ring responsible for merge radius and exactly this thing is huge. I think we need way to change radius of merging ring too. Or (I think this easiest and acceptable way) set Brush Size Ring also being responsible for merging radius = 2 Rings maybe enough.

2 Likes

Another thing) When I press Q retopo object rotate somewhere away - reset rotation fix this.
As I can see this happens when retopo object created not in world center - if retopo object in world center it’s working fine.

UPD: Retopo MT assign to retop object new origin after pressing Q.

2 Likes

Addon updated. v. 2.1.2 (22-03-2020):

Added cursor display for auto-merge (blue).

Fixed the influence of the center of the mesh. Now the center of retopo does not have to be in the center of coordinates.

Added increase and decrease of cursors with [ ] and Shift + [ ] buttons.

3 Likes

It’s going brilliant more and more! Thank you!
Still merging when Auto Merge is off, or this is the concept of work?

2 Likes

When I press C addon return error and Blender stay in RetopoMT mode and I can not quit. Sometimes it’s happens when I press Ctrl+Z.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/viadvena/.config/blender/2.82/scripts/addons/retopo_mt_2_1_2.py", line 3096, in modal
    if(g_rObject.Faces.list[nface].ps > 0.0):
IndexError: list index out of range

When I revert my scene mode still freeze.

2 Likes

On Blender 2.83 addon again selecting high poly mesh while draw the line.

And RMB doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Addon updated. v. 2.1.3 (08-04-2020):

Now, with an error, the addon will correctly exit retopology mode.

The selection on the C button now depends on the size of the brush.

Very important! Now the order in which vertices are selected is taken into account. Select the vertices exactly in the order in which you will draw the guide for the BSurface mode.

1 Like

Hi.

Blender version: 2.82a
Addon version: 2.1.3

• Launch Blender
  • Don’t select any object
  • Switch to Edit mode
  • Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+X to enter the RetopoMT mode, then you should see this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\blender\blender_portable\2.82\scripts\addons\retopo_mt_2_1_3.py", line 3256, in invoke
    self.obName     = o.show_name
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'show_name'

RetopoMT unhides objects after leaving the RetopoMT mode (when Q is pressed).

• Add two objects in your scene (it doesn’t matter if they are in different collections)
  • Hide one of the two objects
  • Select the second (visible) object in your viewport
  • Switch to Edit mode and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+X to enter the RetopoMT mode
  • Press Q to exit the RetopoMT mode

At this moment, you should notice that in the Outliner (and in the viewport), all objects are now visible. I tend to think that RetopoMT shouldn’t unhide objects on its own.

I have also noticed that in RetopoMT mode, the addon doesn’t record LMB clicks.
That makes the addon very difficult to use. :wink:
Note that when I exit the RetopoMT mode (when I am in Object mode or Edit mode), the left click normally works.

Thank you for this great addon.

2 Likes

Addon updated. v. 2.1.4 (08-04-2020):

Correct work with hidden objects

2 Likes

I confirm it doesn’t unhide all objects automatically anymore in 2.1.4 . :+1:

1 Like

I am also noticing a really bad performance in the viewport while using the addon.

As soon as I press Shit+Ctrl+Alt+X to enter the RetopoMT mode, the viewport turns into wireframe and I almost can’t rotate nor pan my viewport anymore.
It’s like the viewport is reacting at 2 FPS. And if I continue to try to rotate the viewport, Blender freezes completely (to the point that I have to force kill Blender in the Task Manager).

EDIT: It seems that the performance is really impacted by the number of faces of the mesh.

• With a mesh that has 29,478 faces, the viewport feels like reacting at 5 FPS, it gets almost unresponsive (and Blender eventually freezes)
  • With a mesh that has 15,160 faces, the viewport feels like reacting at 10 FPS.
  • With a mesh that has 5,666 faces, the viewport feels like reacting at 20 FPS.

objectmode editmode retopomt
Object mode (left), Edit mode (right), RetopoMT mode (bottom).

1 Like

Python. This is such a maximum in performance.

1 Like

Do you also notice the same performance statistics on your computer ?

I have an AMD Phenom X4 II 965 3.4 Ghz Quad Core CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM
nvidia GTX 1070 8 GB VRAM (drivers: 442.19)
512 SSD

with objects (with 30,000 faces) --> unresponsive
with objects (with 5,000 faces) --> approximatively the maximum number of polygons adviced to use the addon ?

1 Like