Retro Game Scene

Full scene can be found on my ArtStation here.

5 Likes

Nice!
Why is the TV showing a NES game and the controllers are from SNES?

1 Like

Lol, I think that probably came about because of a bad rabbit hole down a google image search for a high resolution image texture for the screen material. I just clicked through several, came across one that worked and by then completely forgot that not all Mario games were first released on the SNES. :sweat_smile:

In my defense, I do recall playing this game on the SNES as a kid, I think that they actually did re-release it on successive platforms. In any case I corrected it. Thanks for the shoutout!

1 Like

I never played the snes as I was more of a computer guy. So it’s possible that the super mario game was ported and looked the same on snes. I just thought that the old look of the tv and the nes screenshot had worked better with nes controllers. At the same time it is fully possible that someone had a snes connected to an old tv like that and also played an old ported nes game on it. :laughing:

It’s still a nice image and the modelling and texturing of the tv and controllers are top notch. :+1:

Nice scene! It definitly brings back memories. Good lighting too. :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!