Revenge battle - Ecks is Sexy, Alltaken is not

one year and a half ago, end of June of 2004, two blenderheads entered in a modelling duel that spanned on 24hours of insane modelling frenzyness.

one guy walked away with his head down, another with glory and fame. Alltaken was the latter one, x-warrior, the total loser.
Here is the result of that battle, which subject was “futuristic tank”:
X-Warrior’s machine:
Mammoth mk4 (that is the old challenge image

Alltaken winning apocaliptic tank:
Tank here, this is the old challenge image

Many moons came and went since then, things have changed. Alltaken had less modelling time because of school, x-warrior became Ecks and learnt about Subsurf. Are both contestant at the same level now?

A fight have been decided. A new 24h modelling duel (no texturing, basic lighting). One thing is left to be decided, a subject.
The challenge will occur around January 17th.

the subject is:

---------
Take a propeller airplane and make it futuristic looking, by keeping the propeller
---------

:Z

you can start putting your bet on who you want 8)

topic should be “Alltaken is sexy, Ecks is not”

Alltaken :stuck_out_tongue:

What about

Alltaken got nipple’s hair, Ecks do not

Do you guys want to do something mechanical or organic this time?

well we’ve been talking in the last minutes…and we conclude that due to our lack of experience in character modelling, we would most likely not finish the modelling within 24hours (knowing that last time we modelled for about 18hours in all).

We were talking about maybe making a concept car design? I think it could be very interesting, but alltaken doesn’t seem to agree that much because he think he’d suck at that :stuck_out_tongue:

but hey, throw your ideas anyway, maybe we’ll be inspired by one of them!

Ok sorry for this post immediatly after the other.

Me and Alltaken argued, beated each other up, and we came to a decision. We decided of a subject, and the way everything will work.

Subject:

---------
Take a propeller airplane and make it futuristic looking, by keeping the propeller
---------

so, briefly, “take a propeller airplane, and pimp it!”

The challenge is planned to take place on January 17th of 2006. It may be postponed if Alltaken get a job or something happen on my side.

The work in progress image during the day will be shown on IRC on #blenderchat, and will be post anonymously so it will be totally impartial at the voting in the end.

and now that you know the rules and subject, PLACE YOUR BET!

Futuristic properler airplane? Why do I have a feeling I am going to see Final Fantasy style airplane. Modeling nipple hair might be fun though. 15 hours of modelling, that would be some great nipple hair!

Hahaha! Yeah, it would be.

heh Ecks, I remember you saying we should do such battle sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:
good luck to both!

stop trying to feel special backiz, you are not special, didn’t your mummy ever tell you that :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

Alltaken

What about

Alltaken got nipple’s hair, Ecks do not[/quote]

…which basically means the same.

stop trying to feel special backiz, you are not special, didn’t your mummy ever tell you that :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

Alltaken[/quote]

How about, all three of you aren’t special, so stop hogging all the 24 hour extreme, insane, lunatic, crazy, sleepless challenges around here :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll vs you BackiZ :wink:

(As long as the topic isn’t nanobots, and if your willing to wait days for my renders to finish %| ) (private joke, the rest of you don’t worry)

Mystery

Mystery… you wanna be special now?

i dunno whats worse… being special, or not being special :wink: :wink: :wink:

Alltaken

Mystery… you wanna be special now?

i dunno whats worse… being special, or not being special

Alltaken

In that case you really don’t have to worry alltaken. (needless to say you’re clearly NOT special) You don’t even dare to post all your work here!
And my grandma would even win of you, modelling some tiny tank…

As long as the topic isn’t nanobots, and if your willing to wait days for my renders to finish

lol mystery. You’re (and not ‘your’) taking 1 day per pixel. Or you are searching for the renderbutton all 24 hours.

Is it really that important?

Hmm, I’ll bet 50-50

What about

Alltaken got nipple’s hair, Ecks do not[/quote]

…which basically means the same.[/quote]

Hey! Don´t mock Alltakens legendary Hairy Nipples!
It´s his trademark - and the whole world will remember him by those!

Seriously…

Awesome models guys, really nice work! :slight_smile:

Done.

Hey no fair

Har har har…

So what if my computer renders 1 pixel a day, (“you’re” whatever, I wasn’t striving for grammatic excellence) the model itself would still kick @ss.

Mystery

Posting this to spanish comunity. Now you guys have more eyes on you :smiley: