Revocean Z-2065 Shark robot

Revocean Z-2065

Hey Folks ! :slight_smile:
Its my final project from my 3d education.
it took me 5 month to finish this project

we needed to make 3 posterdesigns and 3 animations
everything is modelled in blender, textured in substance painter and rigged in blender

its possible to close the eyes with an aperture.
the movement of the fins are procedural animations made with a sinus function with different parameters and shifted frames inside the expression

postproduction was made in photoshop and after effects

the animations you can see on my instagram

Small Breakdown :

here i put the eye in position with the aperture

The Plates i was created with the shrinkwrap modifier and give it a thickness with a solidify modifier

The engine which is also rotating inside was modelled freestyle, i know it looks a bit like a dyson vacuum cleaner :smiley:

The unwrap was pretty hard , it was very time consuming cause the geometry was a bit complex cause i used a addon to create the plates where you mark the edges where you want to have the panel lines, the disadvantage was that the mesh was a bit messy and the Unwrap took a while

Vertex paint i made in 3DSmax , cause we learned it how to do that fast in this software but of course its not necessary to change the sofware

Then i was using substance painter to give the shark a nice mechanic look and some stencils with letters and logos

I started to rig the shark for that i put the pivot excactly in the middle of the joints and alligned the bones there to have a precise way to parent the mesh on the bones

For the Mouth i used a second armature, where i need to do some weight paints

Screenshot (115)
to animate caudal fin i used for every bone a sinus expression with different parameters

i created also a animated hologram shader for a transition from hologram to the normal textures , which you can see in my animation on instagram

to imitate more movement i created a particle system and a forcefield which pushes the particles in one direction

in aftereffects i made the postproduction and some effects with particles and text

the sound i composed in da vinci resolve

thank you and i hope you like it fam :slight_smile:
cheers

6 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thank you a lot Bart :slight_smile:

1 Like