Right, Left, or Both Brained?

another tale to add to the pile… some professional tennis players who are left handed were taught to play right handed. the net result? they’re forehand strokes are more relaxed and they tend to have very smooth and powerful overheads.

maybe the same reason why you do play the guitar the way you do. The ‘untrained’ arm and hand are not wired that strongly and therefore more flexible.

what is the point of this thread? it doesnt seem to be relevant at all, or am i missing out on something?

relevant in what way? For me, the topic is extremely relevant. And if you ever have a rightbrained (lefthanded) child, I hope you will understand, how relevant it is.

HH

I’m left handed. I wish I was a famous actor. :wink:

maybe my brain is kinda lame, but i still dont get it… :frowning:
what are you arguing? that lefties are better or that they should have more rights in the form of cool, light-sensor computer mice for lefties as well, or what?

Here’s an ‘ontopicisation’ blenderwise.
We all know? that the -correct- way to use blender is with one hand on keyboard and one on mouse. Mousing (as I do) with the right hand, most of the common keystrokes are on the left hand homekeys. convenient (except J, which I need quite a lot, and forces me to let go of the mouse.)
Left handed people would have to mouse with their right hand, or, move between mouse and keyboard quite a bit. So a fair blender should allow remapping of keys between homekeys.
I suppose you can remap your keys in X. but- this would screw up your typing in other apps. Far more elegant and convenient for blender to do it.
just an opinion.

well, since I use both hands for the mouse (although not at the same time), I am quite flexible.

Why does everybody think, a thread is always arguing? This thread is probably about someone who wants to know if someone here is like him. And lefthanders do often have similarities in behaviour or thinking. For example, the percentage of lefthanders in technical, mathematical or art universities is higher than average, I heard.

But really, we don’t argue here, except of that little dispute of green and me.

And yes, lefthanders are of course the superior life form.

well, since I use both hands for the mouse (although not at the same time), I am quite flexible.

Lucky you! however that doesn’t quite solve the problem; being able to use the mouse with both hands, you would still have to take a hand off the mouse to switch from left-hand keys to right or vice versa (unless you did some funky- eyesight requiring contortion with one hand- which I occasionally do). So even you can benefit from consistent keyboard side choice w/ a remapping option (by the by, I’m not assuming this is an argument)

And yes, lefthanders are of course the superior life form

Bah!
:wink:

I do not have one, but there are lefthander keyboards :wink:

Of course, that won’t help you with CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-numpadminus
:stuck_out_tongue:

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-numpadminus

Is that the “create supercool animation” hotkey?

yes, but you have to press it often enough :wink:

which one of you is whining and complaining about the previouse years of opresion by the evil right handed overlords.

could i ask if you were a black left handed woman would this post be about all the years of torture that you have heard about abut never suffered yourself.

so really all you are doing is complaining about prevouse peoples problems.
stop thinking in the past its the future all the way.

and to prove a point KEYBOARDS are stupid and hard to use no matter what side if the brain you use.

ok NEW QUESTION.

do you hang to the?

1. left
  2. right
  3. down the middle
    4.one to the left one to the right and one doen the middle
    5.I’m a woman --> CONTIUNUE TO NEXT QUESTION

Are you?

1. left chested
  2. right chested
  3. mono chested
  4. flat chested
  5. tri chested.

cause i here that 95% of the best guys in the world
hang down the right because they are left brained.

I have a list i made it up therefore it must be RIGHT (he he he more opression just there)

and 100% of the best mutants from the movie total recall are tri chested

oh yeah by the way i’m right brained when lying down on my left and left brained when lying down on my right.

i am right handed but use my left hand to wipe my arse.

so you left handers can be all offended now because i have defiled your valuable left hand with my smelly arse.

(i this post was seen as offensive by anyone left or right brained. i bare no resposibility as i am rather tired and frustrated RIGHT now (only two hours sleep in the last 2 days and i just had a chemistry exam in which my nose was dripping on the paper and all down my face))

just felt like a good quality argument :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
not that we argue here except that one with green that happend earlier!!!

Ignorance and insults are nothing to be proud of. If you want to publically humiliate yourself further on, please share similar valuable information with us as you did with the last post.

Or buy yourself a punching ball to get rid of your frustration.

HH

Link? The elf-dude from Zelda on the N64 is a lefty, you think that the character was modelled by a leftie? must’ve been a bitch to animate for a right handed animator. Maybe the animator was left handed? Bet the modeller got upset, having to go back and swap around link’s sword arm :slight_smile:

You think that there is a special market for left handed animators to make left handed animations? do they get paid more for being such a rare species?

Lemme know.

just scale it to -1 on the x axis.

“Left handed people are either geniuses or they are crazy.” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that stupid line when signing a check.

I have to go talk to my invisible friend now. Cheers. :stuck_out_tongue: