Rigid body doesn't work and object is not falling on another one

I have a problem with my animation. I have two objects and I have already made an animation for the first one - it’s falling down and bouncing - I made it manually. Then I want another object to fall on the first one and I want to use a rigid body simulation, but then something is really wrong and then the second object is not falling at all or moving somewhere else without any reason. I have tried applying scale, what should I do?

1 Like

Here are a few things to check :

-Make sure the animated rigid body is set to “passive” and the “animated” checkbox is used.
-Make sure the falling rigid body is set to “active”, that the “dynamic” checkbox is used and the “animated” checkbox is not used.
-Make sure the active rigid body has its origin set to geometry.
-If either of the meshes is concave, its rigid body collision should be set to “mesh” and not “convex hull”.
-Next to your timeline, you will see something that says “playback”. Make sure it’s set to “play every frame”, as that is important for seeing simulations in the viewport.

If these fail, then something more complicated is happening and I would probably have to see the scene to tell what.

1 Like

He Jaco8,

could you share the .blend file? And try to explain more what you want to do. I’m sure there are lot of people try to help and solve it. Without the file it is always difficult. But hey etn249’s answere should solve it.

1 Like

I found the solution, but thank you for your willingness to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would to add to this that the object(s) need to be included in the collection “RigidBodyWorld”. In the Properties of the Object → “Object” category → “Collections” it should include “RigidBodyWorld” as one of the collections

Would you mind sharing so others can see. I am having the same problem

1 Like

this happened to me too and the solution was quite simple. I had forgotten that I already baked dynamics for another part of my scene. So I just had to delete that bake. Hope it helps someone in the future with the same issue.

Yes, please send the solution, thank you :slight_smile: