Rigify Issue

[x] Hi. I attempted to rig my dude but I am missing a lot of the outline, I even created new thresh armature since I had to edit bones to fit other parts. None of that extra orange wirey stuff is appearing. Do I have to join my model with my bones? Do I have to weight it then generate?

Once I loaded my rig I had this

[x] The problem is I got two rigs, should I move the metarig off to the side, how can I correctly scale the new rig? I have a feeling the new rig isn’t joined properly.

[_] I applied the scale and volla it worked but I think its still offset a little.

I put the rig into place and half the body disappears etc. I’m getting really frustrated as I have spent several days on this and getting nowhere.

Can you post the blend file to pasteall.org/blend then post the link here, be patient as the Mods will check your file before they allow your post. We can then look at it and see what the problem is - more likely than not it is unapplied rotations and scales along the line on either the Mesh or Armature (in Object mode) - these can be seen by looking at the Transform boxes in the object panel for the armature/mesh - stations should be 0,0,0 scales should be 1,1,1. To reset these, just select the mesh and armature in Object mode and key CTRL+A => “Rotation and Scale”.

Cheers, Clock.

First off it looks like you don’t have “Auto Run Python Scripts” enabled. Without this on Rigify will not behave correctly and your model will look like it does in your second image there (I went through the exact same problem).

Be sure to go ahead and exclude your downloads folder and your /tmp/ folder as you can see in the image above.

With regard to to the Metarig before you hit the “Generate” button for Rigify you want to make sure you have applied the transforms of the Metarig in object mode with CTRL + A. Then check on Translate, Rotate and Scale. Once that is done you can go ahead and generate your rig. Once you have aligned all the bones and generated your rig you can ignore the Metarig completely, hide it, delete it, move it to another layer, whatever.

In case you haven’t seen it this is a great video which covers just about everything to do with using Rigify: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYiAd_08-0k

Hope this helped.