Riverside - Animation

Hello,

I made an animation to showcase some of the Reallusion assets and how they perform in archviz settings. Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

behance
artstation

Addons used: Vegetation, Geo-Scatter, E-Cycles
Textures: Poliigon

18 Likes

Entertaining social interactions :smile:
Can you tell a bit more about animated characters?

1 Like

Haha yes, I tried to make it a little bit more interesting than simple walk animations :smiley: Characters are from Reallusion and whats interesting about them is that you can modify its motions the way you want too and need to. Definitely great for some archviz animations

2 Likes

Amazing work as usual Artur! so many frames! i see some denoise flickering and have been getting into animation myself having to fight that exact problem, i used 512 samples at 4K with the denoise nodes on the compositor (Kris from imeshh adviced it´s better than the denoise tick box) and i got good enough results, but at 4 minutes per frame on an animation as long as yours i think it would take me weeks (even on a 3090) also mine was an interior so much less objects / potential problems to deal with. Love the result of the people on the animation! do you import the rigged iclone characters and manually animate the paths? i´m impressed with your results.

1 Like

This is a really good animation! I have used reallusion characters in my last arch viz animation too. They have a lot of variety but it is quite a bit of work getting them setup. I am experimenting with 4D people.
I really like the water, is that just a noise modifier?
Do you do full time arch viz work?

1 Like

Thank you! @nektares Yes I was not able to reduce denoise flickering but I think I ahve reduced it to a level when it is negligible for the eye. This animation is also rendered in 4k but with 100 samples and each frame took about 50 seconds on rtx 2080ti. I used E-cycles and its rendering in the background for this so that may sped up the process a little bit.

As for the people: I mixed the motions with actors directly on actorcore and then experiment with them a little within the iClone for example making a head turn on certain moment etc. and thats basically it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks! @jon.edis Yes Reallusion is pretty good for archviz especially when client wants some urban animation with movement :slight_smile: Yes I do full time archviz freelancing and so Its really important to experiment with some new methods/technologies

As for the water: the shader is made of several noise textures fed into the displacement node. I basically keyframed the scales of noise textures and the effect is satisfactory. Anyway here’s a shot of the setup:

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in some more detail about this project and its 3d people models use here’s a link to a post about it on blendernation :slight_smile: : https://www.blendernation.com/2023/07/13/creating-an-animated-archviz-simulation-with-3d-people-in-action-promoted/

2 Likes

Great job. I love the animated people, they add a lot of life to the scene. The only thing that looks a bit off is the animated leaves on the tree in the opening shot; it looks like the scale of the leaves is animated and their size pulses up and down?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes they might be out of scale but I thought they are fine the way they are :slight_smile: tweaking every little detail in animation is tough and there might be more little mistakes :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Artur, some noise can only be reduced with more samples which amounts to rendertime of course, i agree clients would not mind that small amount of noise, 50 seconds is really great time per frame, i find out some bright or reflective materials are the most prone to generating noise.
Seems like a pretty versatile way to work with people (iclone/actorcore) i bought the population addon and i`m disappointed on the close up shots of the character models, they weights are not right and their movement is a bit odd, i find them only usable from a very far distance. this models look better, of course for the price population is an amazing product for its price. but for a very close shot i think this might be better. Thanks for sharing your amazing work!

BlenderNation article has great explanation of the workflow :+1:
I was confused about which Reallusion product you’ve used.
Any tips on managing heavy scenes? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

@eelh Thanks, maybe I should clarify that in the first place :slight_smile: For heavy scenes my top 3 tips would be:

1. Focus only on whats visible in the scene - delete the rest
  2. 4K textures only in the foreground
  3. Instance every possible model :smiley:

@bartv thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes