Road through the forest

The inspiration was given by an older masterpiece by @Sebastian_Zapata. I tried to make my version of a road expanding through a thick coniferous forest. A road telling a story. And light tells stories if it lights the scene appropriately. Various addons were used (botaniq, GeoScatter, Vegetation), some megascans and textures from Poliigon and Quixel. Rendered with Cycles with extreme settings (Full GI, 8192 samples with 0.001 noise threshold). It took 2hrs 16min with my 3090. Not bad considering the weight of the scene and the volumetrics which are hard to render in general. Post processing in Photoshop.
I dedicate this work to my sweet and patient wife, with whom I’ve created a big and lovely family. She’s the light of my eyes. Artstation link

14 Likes

Great work, @birdnamnam! I’m honored you used my work as inspiration. If you ever want some feedback let me know!

1 Like

Thank you so much. The honour is mine. I’ll keep what you said in mind and I’ll ask if there is something that needs feedback. Feel free to comment and offer critique at will. Happy new year!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks once more!

1 Like