Robot girl modeling help

I wanna try to model a robot girl like these images I’m thinking about modeling a regular human model and editing it but I’m not 100 percent sure

31RJtfPihqL_720x

Are you actually asking something ??

Why modeling something first to edit this afterwards ? Why not model directly what you want ?

Especially when the modeling workflows are so different for an “organic” human and “hardsurface” robot.

Hehe you horny boi :joy::wink: I gotcha you

Model the basic shape you see there maybe a few more to resemble the shape of organic forms and join them with a boolean and then remesh it and use sculpt brushes to adjust proportions or shape, or model a low poly cage with enough subdivision to create the same.

After you are happy with your base shape add booleans to make the bigger cuts and other panel lines however this is gonna be complicated if you want it to have nice topology, for that do the booleans and do some clean up in intersecting areas and then remesh the model to a very high but sufficient amount of voxel density and In case it looks sharp the shape add a smooth modifier with some amount of iterations.

Then do a retopology on top of that target model to create a proper and subdividible mesh of every separate parts you do.

Assuming that you don’t know about modelling or subdivision modelling and topology let me know to recommend some videos for learning how to properly do it.

1 Like