Robot-looking cyborg thing

I am making a cyborg dog-thing. Right now I only have the helmet done :frowning:

but more is on the way!

crits, please :slight_smile:

Attachments

Well, youā€™re going to have to use setsmooth, because I can make out almost every single poly in the whole thing, but it looks cool when scaled down in your avvy.

It looks like itā€™s going to be one crabby guard dog, and robot animals are always cool. Good luck.

thanks dude, the reason the polys are so visible is cuz i am trying to keep it low poly for a video game im making this summer., Thanks, though.

Here he isā€¦! I finished up his torso and added some more subsurf, and a set smooth.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

Subsurf doesnā€™t work in the game engine, but for a model itā€™s looking interesting!

Just hit apply on the subsurf modifier, and it changes it into editable polys that show up in the game engine. But I donā€™t recommend this until youā€™re done modeling it, as it makes it much harder to change the model, and it can really make Blender laggy.

Wow! I didnā€™t know that!
Iā€™ll have to try it when I get home. (Iā€™m at college right now)

I just hit alt+c then keep mesh and then it shows up, but set smooth doesnt show up
in the game engine does it?

here he his with finished arms, btw

crits welcome! :slight_smile:

Attachments

Heres a theatrical picā€¦ :evilgrin:

Attachments

I think set smooth works in the GE.

That ā€œtheatrical picā€ is kind of hard to see.
I like the hands, and I hope to see more soon!

Ya, sorry about the theatrical pic. Im a n00b and just discovered that you can change the color of the lights, so I wanted to try it out. Thanks about the hands, btw.
P.S. ill have to try the set smooth in GEā€¦
anyway, here are the finished pics.
Iā€™m kinda not so happy with a few parts of it. I think ill redo him after the holidays.
Until then, I think this guy could use some guns! :evilgrin:

Attachments

Do you want to animate the cyborg? Itā€™s really cool and with the red light it is sinister! go onā€¦

Iā€™m actuually really bad at animating, but i could PM you the .blend if you wantā€¦
P.S. thx about the light