Robot Reindeer

robot
nature
characters

(Den Cain) #1

A Render I did for my school, the finished version is gonna go on the Christmas Card this year. It’s my first model with this much detail, and my first scene with any amount of natural elements; the snow took a particularly long time. The trees were made in SpeedTree, and the Reindeer textures are mostly Substance Painter, with a bit of cycles thrown in. Still have a bit left to do, including touching up the face, and making a low poly version for a mobile AR project.

(Den Cain) #2

Actually not my first rodeo! I did the cover for the yearbook last year.

(Tarik Krug) #3

Wow! what school do you go?

(Meshmonkey) #4

Lovely image, makes a very nice XMas card. Only thing that (in my humble opinion) needs some attention is the antlers, I think they look too organic for a robot reindeer. I’d expect them to look robotic as well but that may be just me.

(Den Cain) #5

The HTL in Salzburg

(Den Cain) #6

Thanks! I actually originally had the antlers as steel tubes with red and green LEDs on them, but was told to make them more natural. Hey, whatever the customer wants.

(Avery) #7

Cool work! I like the style of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Meshmonkey) #8

Lol, this proves everybody’s got a different taste, and I’m glad we do! I bet the customer’s satisfied with your excellent piece of art.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #9

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile: