Robot Scorpion

I started work on it sometime ago but had to put it aside to organise some Uni stuff but thats all finished now and got a chance to finally finish my model. I have another project i’m eager to start so was hoping for some opinions on how i can improve my modelling, materials and rendering skills.

Attachments

hey, that’s pretty cool. looks a little stiff around the middle, but maybe that’s just me.

Agreed, the body looks like it’d deform like the tail, but it should be movable left and right (as that’s how scorpions move)

There’s also some weirdness on the face/eyes, looks more like a wip than a finished project imo

It looks good. I would go more organic with the design and modeling. I think the head needs more work, but good job so far.

Good so far. If it was me, I’d divide the body into smaller segments, arch them laterally and taper them down slightly from the head to the tail.

you right -[killer]- it does need alot more refining but i got bored of it. Maybe sometime in the future i’ll come back to this idea and it the 3D makeover it deserves.