Robot Simulation

I am working on a project that requires me to simulate a robots movements using BGE. I will be receiving a list of desired positions in 10ms intervals. I am just having a really hard time figuring out how to best go about doing this.

To start with, I would just like to be able to control one axis, so I only need to control angular movement. I would like to just simply use “applyRotation” to the object, but this always appears to be instantaneous and I need to actually see it move.

So the other option that I have been trying is to use an actuator and setAngularVelocity. Then I could see what my position is, see what my desired position is and how long it had to get there, and set the angular velocity accordingly. The only problem with this is that I can’t seem to get the orientation command, or the timer command to work right.

Am I going about this the right way, or am I totally missing something? Any help would be very much appreciated. I know its a lot to ask, but the project is falling behind and I feel like I am spending hours on something that is not very difficult.

Thanks!

welcome to BA forums, have you ever used bones?
and what kind of robots are you making? manipulator arm or mobile?

Thanks! I’ve been reading them for a few weeks to get some ideas. I had no idea this kind of resource was available. Its really nice!

I have gone through the simple gingerbread man tutorial but that is it as far as bones go.

For the robot, we are working with a manipulator arm KUKA LWR, so I feel like this really shouldn’t be as difficult as it is seeming since it is just controlling joint rotations.