Robot with a variety of weapons

I made a model of a robot with a variety of weapons. I was inspired by INSOMNIAC’s sketches for the Ratchet and Clank game. I decided to add weapons on one side and knives, saws, and pistols on the other. I also tried to work on the details in this work.

thanks for watching! please send your comments so i can develop my skills!

11 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Have great weekend too!:smiling_face:

1 Like

Congrats,this is really well done! Definitely is reminiscent of old video games although I never played Ratchet and Clank. The level of mesh detail and lighting is really impressive.
What’s taking away from the realism or ‘character’ for me is the texturing, especially the same texture being used for most of the mesh. Displacement on the main texture is not what you would see in real life ‘wear and tear’ and the metal is just way too smooth, so I feel like finding a more suitable texture with that kind of grunge built in would make this even more awesome. Also - the grass/ground texture in my opinion could be replaced easily with something more realistic/interesting. Great work!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your valuable comments! I will try to fix the situation by changing the metal texture and experimenting with the stone texture.:smiling_face:

Do you think it looks better this way?