Robot

Hello,
this is my first “big” asset.

I want to do an artwork with a man escaping a giant robot, so the fist step was to do the robot.
It took me much longer than expected.
I’m pretty happy with the result, so I wanted to share it.
Before using it in a real scene, I also would like to have feedback on it :slight_smile:
Larger :

Profil :

7 Likes

That’s really cool ! And a lot of tiny details !

here are a few comments :

One thing you should pay attention to IMO, is that given that you’ve got mostly small detail the basic shape gets harder to read.
On the profile the lower arm and the hand silhouette is a bit lost in the body.
Also , the inner details are interesting, the overall shape is a bit more basic.
It would be great to add more samurai inspired armor pieces around the body, so the overall silhouette of the body is more interesting and easier to read , these piece can be a bit simpler than the greebling. Just like you did with the helmet.

Another thing is how to give a proper sense of scale ? Without any reference it’s hard to tell which size the robot is. But some parts like cables implies that the size is close to an human size.
try to put an human reference next to the robot and look at the details you added according to it, does it feels right ?

All that said, I think what you did is great, you probably can keep it like that and work around these issues using clever framing posing and lighting. That will work !

It’s also possible to change plans a bit, like making it a human sized robot samourai, that’s already super cool !

Once again, well done !

1 Like